Options

2007 The Year in Review

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in People
Here is a slide show of some of my favorite shots this past year. Hopefully you guys/gals will follow up with your favorite shots.

Enjoy.....and....Happy New Year!!!

Favorites 2007

There is a place for comments on my blog, I would rather see some of YOUR favorites below!!!

A smugmug slideshow can be set up at your site to look like this.

Also, it is possible to create a slideshow in an HTML only smugmug page like this. If you need help figuring out how to do that, send a PM.

So there you have three different ways to share a portfolio of your best from 2007.....so....no excuses!!!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 23, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Here is a slide show of some of my favorite shots this past year. Hopefully you guys/gals will follow up with your favorite shots.

Enjoy.....and....Happy New Year!!!

Favorites 2007

There is a place for comments on my blog, I would rather see some of YOUR favorites below!!!

enjoyed yours-

great photos!-

here's mine-

2007 (mostly) faves-
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Jeff,

Thanks for putting that together for all of us to view. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You really do some great work. The composition, lighting, expressions, all of it is wonderful.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    enjoyed yours-

great photos!-

here's mine-

2007 (mostly) faves-

Great photos. I really enjoyed viewing them. As ussual your pp is so cool and you have a lot of diversity in these shots.

It will be awhile before I have a chance to share if I do. You and Jeff are a hard act to follow.
  • Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Great, great images guys. Really enjoyed the visuals and look forward to some more shows from others clap.gif

Jeff, I was going to comment on your blog, but the film strip was blocking the comments thingie. Love your use of lighting, your baby shots 'rock' - great stuff!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Wonderful Galleries
    Thanks for sharing! Really sweet!

Here's mine:

http://www.swartzy.smugmug.com/

Guess I don't know how to label it and make it a hot link :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    I'll play...
    This was an interesting exercise. I didn't realize how many of my photos I actually liked.

These are a mixture of shots from weddings, engagement session, portrait sessions, some from a class I took, and the odd landscape photo.

Take a look, my Best of 2007 and I hope you enjoy
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    Thanks for sharing! Really sweet!

Here's mine:

http://www.swartzy.smugmug.com/

Guess I don't know how to label it and make it a hot link :D

super shots, swartz!-

enjoyed looking at 'em-
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    This was an interesting exercise. I didn't realize how many of my photos I actually liked.

These are a mixture of shots from weddings, engagement session, portrait sessions, some from a class I took, and the odd landscape photo.

Take a look, my Best of 2007 and I hope you enjoy

great scott!-

or, uh....

great, scott!-

hey, I guess if you don't like your own photos, you need another hobby-

I obviously didn't know when to quit-
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Awesome work guys!

Jeff, so many shots I forgot were yours. What a great year you've had!

George, it's been very interesting to see your processing evolve over time. That shot of you and your wife takes my breath away...wow!

David, you really are a master at the long exposures. Some fantastic landscape work I hadn't seen before. WOW!

Karen, I just love your style and timing and sense of humour.

And Scott, your lighting prowess is evident in every frame of your short but very sweet show! (Missed the groom bawling as the bride enters...that was one of my faves!)

What a fun year 2007 has been for me! I have learned SO MUCH this year from my awesome friends at dgrin. thumb.gif

These may not be the critic's choice, or my clients' choice, this is the one time I get to pick my favorites of '07.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    This has been great fun to review everyone's inspiring work! Some of it review, some of it new. I'm planning to play along, when I have time to get a gallery arranged. Thanks for sharing, everyone! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    And Scott, your lighting prowess is evident in every frame of your short but very sweet show! (Missed the groom bawling as the bride enters...that was one of my faves!)
    Lynne,

I went to your's. When I saw that you had 140+ photos in your favorites, I'm thinking, "She can't make up her mind!" But, there's not a looser in the whole bunch. You have been one very busy lady this year! Good on you!

Going through your gallery reminded me of a couple that I missed and so, I've included them (as well as the crying groom).

Thanks for the selection "inspiration" and the reminder about the crying groom.

I'll have a couple from the wedding I just did on 22 Dec, but I haven't even started to sort through them yet.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    WEll I have gotten several PMs from folks saying that they are trying to put something together to post in this thread.

All I can say is WOW.......just WOW to everything I have seen so far. There is definately some talent floating in and out of the DGRIN forum. Thanks to you all who have contributed so far. I am probably not the only one who will frequent this thread next year for inspiration and encouragement.

Keep 'Em Coming!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Here's mine. It isn't all of 2007. Apart from our June festival - the parade/street shots, I have only uploaded from August on. Still, I was going to do this review for myself, so happy someone else started it :D

These are my personal taste favourites, probably not my best, but to me they are anyhoot. What a great year! Thank goodness for photography!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Christmas all iloveyou.gif only 16 or so hours until Santa has to wake up and watch the ones who are older now lol unwrap!

Best of 2007

great shots karen-

I've already told you my favorite-

would you please tell your kids for me that they are most fortunate for the mom that they have-
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    just wonderful, lynne!-

I can't imagine any of your clients being displeased with what you did for them-

oh, and thanks for putting me on to jibjab!-
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    Ahhh so great. I love looking at images so much, this is a purely wicked indulgence!

Thanks George iloveyou.gif I did and they asked when is lunch rolleyes1.gif I said after I wickedly self-indulge mwink.gif

Swarzy! so many beautiful images, so many WOW!!!

Scott - great shots, the b&w landscapes are divine and your grooms, so sweet!

Lynne - WOW! so many high-end images. You should be so proud. Excellent! Plus YAY! Jammin' - I sooooooooooo love that pic

OK, time to go 'jammin' with the ipod whilst cooking! :ivar
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Wow- there is some amazing work on here. Seeing the quality of work that everyone puts out on a consistent basis has caused me to raise my game and become a better photographer this past year.

Thanks for starting and posting on this thread.

I put a slide show together of my best after looking through everyone else's work.

Best of 2007
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2007
    WOW Aaron, you have some absolute gems in your show. Thanks so much for sharing and great work! clap.gif

We should call this the 'WOW' thread. That word is popping up a lot!
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    WOW Aaron, you have some absolute gems in your show. Thanks so much for sharing and great work! clap.gif

We should call this the 'WOW' thread. That word is popping up a lot!

Thank you very much iloveyou.gif .

This should get its own category for this time of year. deal.gif

Aaron Newman

• Options
    edited December 25, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Wow- there is some amazing work on here. Seeing the quality of work that everyone puts out on a consistent basis has caused me to raise my game and become a better photographer this past year.

Thanks for starting and posting on this thread.

I put a slide show together of my best after looking through everyone else's work.

Best of 2007

very nice, aaron-

enjoyed looking at your pics-
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    What a neat idea, and how inspiring to see these collections from others. Thank you all for sharing! clap.gif

Though this was a great year for me, my collection feels a bit small in comparison: Best of 2007 :D
  • Options
    plestigplestig Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    You all just amaze me. I'm in absolute awe everytime I see new photographs. I'm learning so much and you're setting a very high bar. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    What a neat idea, and how inspiring to see these collections from others. Thank you all for sharing! clap.gif

Though this was a great year for me, my collection feels a bit small in comparison: Best of 2007 :D

great shots, kerry-

thanks for posting-
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    Great stuff Kerry! I really have to say that the train at night, actually took my breath away. The dark black and white one. Love that. Great conversion!!!!!!! Most awesome, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:

What a great set! I loved "To Kill a King" and it was great seeing many shots of yours I'd never seen! loved the train station series and the one of the little girl in green. Just gorgeous Kerry! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:

Great stuff Kerry -

Liked the train station stuff and the zoom effect on the little girl in orange. Some very good work indeed. clap.gif

Aaron Newman

• Options
    eichert12eichert12 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Great photos! Thanks for sharing all.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    George, kp, Lynne, and Aaron - Thank you so much for the kind comments. I keep growing, and this forum has helped me immensely to stretch a little further this year. Encouragement like yours helps me keep trying. Your talents push me to try harder. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    George, kp, Lynne, and Aaron - Thank you so much for the kind comments. I keep growing, and this forum has helped me immensely to stretch a little further this year. Encouragement like yours helps me keep trying. Your talents push me to try harder. thumb.gif

I was partial to the cat on the suitcase at the door. Amazing light....even though I am not known as a cat lover!!
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    I'm finally somewhat ready to contribute. Here's a link to my favorite people shots of 2007. (I'm still working on pulling together my non-people shots, which I will have many more of.) You all are quite prolific...I'm feeling a bit self-conscious that so many of my shots are of my son and even a few are of me! rolleyes1.gif Ahh well...feel free to take a look! Happy clicking in 2008!

Some favorites of the non-people variety:
    http://e-heasley.smugmug.com/gallery/2335658#120814393
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm finally somewhat ready to contribute. Here's a link to my favorite people shots of 2007. (I'm still working on pulling together my non-people shots, which I will have many more of.) You all are quite prolific...I'm feeling a bit self-conscious that so many of my shots are of my son and even a few are of me! rolleyes1.gif Ahh well...feel free to take a look! Happy clicking in 2008!

Those are awesome Elaine. You are a very talented photographer, and you've captured some memorable shots this year. I really liked the sillouttes at the beach, that grinning baby in his mother's lap, and most of the ones of your son.....but especially the one panned shot on the tire swing. That shot is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see what that you and that Canon will give us next year.

An observation........you must feel like you are looking at a mirror when you look at that son of yours. He looks soooooo much like you!!!

Good job, and thank you for contributing to the thread. I have tagged it to come to for inspiration and ideas.thumb.gif