• Options
    nyblondienyblondie Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    vote
    just joined and looking to vote
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Great entries for this challenge. Good luck everybody!

clap.gif
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    nyblondie wrote:
    just joined and looking to vote
    Welcome Blondie!thumb.gif

Wonderful photos everyone. Really hard to choose....AGAIN!clap.gif
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Decisions Decisions.... this is a tough one... they are all great! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    My vote...
    And my vote goes to ... All.thumb.gif
    Great shots.iloveyou.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    robinsphotosrobinsphotos Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Voting
    Wow...Awesome pictures...This is my first time voting, do the rules let us vote for all?!!mwink.gif

Congrats to all the finalists...and good luck.
  • Options
    Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Congrats to the top 10!
    I really had a hard time choosing with this one - such excellent entries!!!

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    This was a tough vote. How to choose???ne_nau.gif Therer were so many very, very excellent photos clap.gif from which to choose "my favorite."

Somehow I managed to do so. The only sadness on my part is there were so many entries that did not make it into the final ten (and my favorite didn't make it).
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    This was a tough vote. How to choose???ne_nau.gif Therer were so many very, very excellent photos clap.gif from which to choose "my favorite."

Somehow I managed to do so. The only sadness on my part is there were so many entries that did not make it into the final ten (and my favorite didn't make it).

Scott, I can't ask, etc, but I would be just dying to know which one you were hoping would be there. I guess this way, I can figure all of them. For one reason and another, mostly because 10 is a definite number, no flexibility there, many of my favorites did not make it, too.

However, I can't resist pointing out that if your fave had been there, you could have voted "easily" and missed out on the agony of looking at the "other" great shots, and having to pick one.

ginger:):
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    many of my favorites did not make it, too.

Hey Ginger, didn't you get to help pick these since you won Ch.58? Maybe you just had too many favorites! rolleyes1.gif

Definitely good entries... there were a couple that stood out to me as feeling really "rough".
    Chris
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited March 10, 2006
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Hey Ginger, didn't you get to help pick these since you won Ch.58? Maybe you just had too many favorites! rolleyes1.gif
    Definitely good entries... there were a couple that stood out to me as feeling really "rough".

First of all, my congrats to you ten in this final round; and to all who made time to find, shoot, and prepare an entry. Everyone wins our respect for going through that effort.

Now, to answer your question Chris, and everyone else who's wondering about the magic goings on behind the challenge scenes. It's a 2-person team effort to choose those ten finalists. One moderator to administer, along with the previous challenge winner.

It looks easy to pick those ten, doesn't it? But there's quite a bit more to the process. Those two people must navigate the avalanche of fantastic entries, experience every emotion while sorting through the photos, lose nearly three nights of sleep, deal with endless interruptions while carefully staring at, and making copious notes along the way of every entry printed up each at 24 x 16 inch, push-pinned onto a gigantic and properly lit wall (you should see that wall - what a sight!), and then endure the eternal knowledge that there will unfortunately be only ten finalists. It's enough to grey my already grey hairs even more.

There are always more than ten that really deserve to be there. Lots more. But ten is the rulz. deal.gif

I won't even go into the horrid detail on what it takes to finalize a decision for an upcoming challenge theme. I'm still on doctor-prescribed medication from the nervousness caused by selecting the "Colors Two" theme a few weeks ago. :twitch
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DirgeelucidatrDirgeelucidatr Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2006
    It seems like this site doesn't welcome newcomers. However, Good luck to all finalists.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    Things are not always what they seem mwink.gif Newcomers are very welcome here. Did you not get enough welcomes when you started posting? If so, then I get to be one of the first to say welcome :D

That will be $5.65, please pull around to the first window...rolleyes1.gif
    It seems like this site doesn't welcome newcomers. However, Good luck to all finalists.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    OvisOvis Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2006

What makes you say this?
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    What a tough challenge to judge! My hats off to the folks who had to make the choices!

I'm lucky, sort of, that two of my favs made it in, but then I had to choose between the twoheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I personally think the opposite! I won the first challenge I entered and the mods AND members have been overwhelmingly welcoming to me. I think it's a great community.

Rant aside, there are some gorgeous shots in the finals.....I had a hard time choosing! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006

I like your entry. I'm not a judge, but I would hazard a guess that it didn't say "rough" to them. Beautiful shot, though.

Oh, and.....Welcome!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006

I guess all the nice feedback in this thread

rolleyes1.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29248

wasn't enough for you? Dirgee, you're 1000% wrong. Go take a read in the delurking post, and there are a gajillion welcome posts here on dgrin. I don't think you'll find a friendlier lot on the planet. But, you can try :D

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=site%3Awww.dgrin.com+welcome+to+dgrin&btnG=Google+Search
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I guess all the nice feedback in this thread

rolleyes1.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29248

wasn't enough for you? Dirgee, you're 1000% wrong. Go take a read in the delurking post, and there are a gajillion welcome posts here on dgrin. I don't think you'll find a friendlier lot on the planet. But, you can try :D

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=site%3Awww.dgrin.com+welcome+to+dgrin&btnG=Google+Search

Wow! I just clicked on that Google link. 33,900 references of "welcome to dgrin".thumb.gif And dgrin hasn't even been around that long, but I know it's been growing fast. I feel like I've been around since the beginning. I had a Smugmug site before joining dgrin. I think I found Smugmug by clicking on Andy's site from a post on a camera review site. Then Smugmug gave me a link to dgrin. And the rest is history.....rolleyes1.gif

Now my husband calls me an addict.mwink.gif I peek in on dgrin at work. eek7.gif I carry my camera everywhere. I spend hours reading photoshop books and processing images on my computer. I even made him buy the full Adobe Creative Suite. I don't know what I would do without the help of dgrinners on creating and maintaining my site. Yes indeed, dgrinners are the friendliest people around. Welcome to dgrin:D, please look around the site and make your presence known. Post, post, post. Be a friend and you will find more friends than you ever thought possible.

And back to the challenge:): Wow! So many entries this time. Must have been a killer to narrow it down to 10. Lots of great entries and plenty of new people joining in. I'm still trying to figure out which is my favorite in order to vote. But, I WILL vote to be sure. And then I have to get busy and photograph some FOOD.

It's cold and rainy out today. I think I'll bake some cookies. Mmmmmmm :eat nod.gifbinge.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

However, I can't resist pointing out that if your fave had been there, you could have voted "easily" and missed out on the agony of looking at the "other" great shots, and having to pick one.

And sweet agony it was. I even enlisted the help of my wife as a sounding board for my thoughts.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited March 13, 2006
    We have a winner!
    Congrats, Andyman!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
This discussion has been closed.