Options

SOLD: Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 (Canon EOS)

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited February 25, 2006 in Flea Market
First, as you can see, I am a recent dgrinner. Y'all don't know me from Adam. In addition, I don't have much in the way of feedback on Ebay (user id: srq2625) - mostly because I don't buy much there.

However, I do not hesitate to state that I am honorable. If you buy and you don't like the lens and send it back (please e-mail or call me first though, just to coordinate things), I will refund all $$ (less Paypal fees and shipping). Again, if you buy, I will send you my phone, address, and all tracking information on the package.

Someone is bound to ask, "Why are you selling the lens?"

I have found I don't really need the long reach near as much as I need IS. So, I'm selling this to partially fund the acquisition of an IS lens of similar zoom range (either the Sigma 80-400 OS or Canon 100-400 IS).

Asking price - $650 USD + shipping, insurance, Paypal fees.

Payment: Paypal, personal check, money order. Personal check will delay shipping until it clears the banking system.

For the shipping and insurance information, I will run it by UPS next week and get an estimate and post it here.

I'll give the FS about week and then it's off to Ebay to see what kind of action I get there.

If you have questions, post them here if the answers are something the community might like to know. Else, PM me and I will get back to you ASAP. Either way, I will probably be able to get answer posted/e-mailed within a couple of hours.

The following are images of the lens (you can see the full sized images here).

This is the entire lens "kit". I'm usually not so well organized - I actually found the box, softcase, etc all in the right place...
57637539-M.jpg

Side view of the lens, showing exactly what you are considering buying :):
57637535-M.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, this photo and the next show the only signs of significant wear on the lens. These are wear marks from where I carried the lens (with camera mounted) by the collar mount.
57637530-M.jpg

57637532-M.jpg

Everyone seems to want to see the front element. Well, here it is. Again, in the interest of full disclosure, while you can't see it in the photo, there is a very small dust speck inside the lens. Aside from that, the glass is immaculate, no scratches, smears, fog, film, etc on either the front or rear element.
57637538-M.jpg

I included this image, just in case some was interested.
57637527-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    PM'd ya -
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2006
    Item is SOLD - Pending Arrival of Funds
    This item is sold, pending arrival of funds.

Methinks, maybe, I didn't ask enough for the lens.ne_nau.gif

But, I think I be happyclap.gif

Love it when a plan comes together.1drink.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 25, 2006
    This item is sold, pending arrival of funds.

Methinks, maybe, I didn't ask enough for the lens.ne_nau.gif

But, I think I be happyclap.gif

Love it when a plan comes together.1drink.gif

I think you priced it right Scott thumb.gif I sold one here, a few weeks back, for $725 and I paid for shipping ($25) and ate the paypal charges ($22.50). So I got about $675 net for it. Very close to your sales price.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2006
    Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I did a little market research, looked at my reciept to see how much I paid for it. Then took some off for depreciation.

I was just surprised when it was jumped on in under 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 25, 2006
    Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I did a little market research, looked at my reciept to see how much I paid for it. Then took some off for depreciation.

I was just surprised when it was jumped on in under 45 minutes.

It's a really nice lens, for the price. The flexability the zoom gives makes this a much sought after lens for outdoor sports and birding. I know I sure hated to sell mine, but I just couldn't afford to keep 2 super tele lenses ne_nau.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    I jumped on it because I knew someone else would if I didn't! It's a fair price (I think); this version is discontinued and the new DG version is out and selling for $900ish. I've seen other non-DG's going used for about this price.

I'm looking forward to it! My longest is 200mm, so this will be quite a jump and I've heard great things about this lens. It doesn't hurt that Steve posted all those great shots with it, either! :D
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I jumped on it because I knew someone else would if I didn't! It's a fair price (I think); this version is discontinued and the new DG version is out and selling for $900ish. I've seen other non-DG's going used for about this price.

I'm looking forward to it! My longest is 200mm, so this will be quite a jump and I've heard great things about this lens. It doesn't hurt that Steve posted all those great shots with it, either! :D
    I knew Sigma had released a different 50-500. This is one of the reasons I the first image of the "kit" included a picture of the box - showing exactly the model being sold. I really didn't want any confusion between this lens and the new DG model.

I do believe you will really enjoy working with this lens.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2006
    Scott, sales like this happen all the time here. I have neglected to check the boards for an hour only to find lenses ane bodies listed and sold.

My memory cards and Dell Axim sold in record time here. Much faster and easier than Ebay, and it is so nice to keep our toys in the dgrim family.

I still think we all need to just line up alphabetically and give all our extra stuff one person to your left. :D