Been away for ages - couple of wedding favs

david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited February 13, 2007 in Weddings
Been so busy this last year and I'd forgotten what a nice community this is. We are building up a nice little wedding business here in New England and I thought it's about time I shared something here.

We try hard to have a product that's slightly outside the norm, here are a couple of my favorites from last year.....
95381113-M.jpg
125912758-M.jpg

We are finding that our couples totally love the look of our images - their mothers often hate it! What do you folks think?

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 11, 2007
    hah!-

do what you like-

and if you can make money too, alright!!-

love #2-
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    We are finding that our couples totally love the look of our images - their mothers often hate it! What do you folks think?

That's pretty funny....I can imagine parents would have a tough time giving up on the old "traditional" style of posed wedding photos. I think it's pretty cool that you are trying something new and different. With only 2 examples it's a little hard to say I'm totally into it, but I do find them interesting and would like to see more. I think your timing was right to try something new as wedding photography seems to get more and more less "structured" shall we say. I think the technique works really well with the couple dressed flapper-style....afterall, how many weddings have you attended where the bride and groom are dressed in 1920 clothing? Share more! :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    I like both shots, for different reasons.

The first - the composition is great and I like the look and mood of it. It is soo cool.

The second has an edginess that I really like and, like Susan say, the PP fits well with the theme. I wondoer about that artifact on the bride's nose. It that a scar or something that came from the PP? Either way, I question leaving it in the image. Just my $.02 worth
  • pahlpahl Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    You no doubt have a lot of skill. I took a quick look at your site and there is a lot of awesome stuff there.

The first photo is cool, but for some reason I want to see a face. I wonder what it would look like with the bride turning and looking over her shoulder?

Nice work..
    http://pahl.smugmug.com

Pentax istDL
    50mm-f/1.4
    10-17mm fish-eye
    18-55mm kit lens
    Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Thanks for the kind comments guys.
    Scott, the thingy on the girls nose was a scar. I thought about editing it out (about 5 seconds of work) but I left it in because I wanted a kinda edgey shot - that's why I left the tatoos as well.

These were actually guests at the wedding, not the B&G. Here are a couple of other guests:

99175382-L.jpg

and the bride and groom after the cake cutting:

128973000-L.jpg

It was great how everyone got into the fun and dressed up.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    I think uniqueness is what we all strive for in our photos...Good job!thumb.gif
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    One more, trying to liven up a nice formal shot with an old film look:

94302746-L.jpg
  • tturchintturchin Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Oooooh--my favorite is that first one. Such a great idea--showing the friendship/support between the girls. clap.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    I'm diggin it
    I like the fact you are thinking out of the box...not only in post but comping the shots as you do. There is a real beauty in this work...even though outside of traditional, it still has a flavor of uniqueness and elegance. Way cool.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2007
    Very very niceclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif