Daughters Wedding

DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited March 7, 2007 in Weddings
OK lets get this out in the open, I AM NOT A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER, OK I said it now I feel better, the stress is more than I want LOL but after serious begging on my little girls behalf I agreed to shoot her wedding, oh I also had to be in it LOL (giving the bride away and all) but I got past it with help from Carolina, we did OK... I was wishing I could have gotten better shots but things move fast and were unplanned, with that said now a week later she comes by the studio and lets me do what I love to do and that is just a soft serious portrait. and with all the tension gone and the crying over I was able to get this wonderful shot of her in her dress.
What do you think? remember I am not a wedding photographer :scratch

CRW_1271-Edit.jpg
--Daniel
"Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
For more of my images check out my photo blog:

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Lovely girl - you can be proud of both her and the photograph.

What I like:
    • Nice angle - has a slimming effect.
    • The hand position with her fingers neither limp nor curled too tightly.
    • The rose is nice. Much better than if it had been a bright color.
    • Love the softening affect, focusing attention on her face and eyes.
    Some things I might have changed:
    • Tilted her head to the near shoulder.
    • Used short or loop lighting rather then the broad lighting used here.
    • I don't see much in the way of emtion. A little more life in her face would, I think, greatly improve this photograph.
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    thumb.gif Very good job. Quit apologizing. It appears that your studio is set-up for loop lighting but you didn't move the main when she tilted her head. Exposure is great. The lighting is great. The only thing missing is a smile. headscratch.gif BS
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    I hate to pipe in, but I don't think this is a sliming angle. In general shooting from a telephoto would help. But I don't think pointing down helps (sorry Scott).

What a beautiful daughter you have!!! I would focus on her face and eyes... she is very pretty. As always, the telephoto lens... i.e. over 85mm or so can really have a flattering effect.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    awesome awesome!! I betcha the others are great too, I cannot imagine the stress. Many hardcore photojournalists, when asked where they learned to shoot under pressure, reply "weddings." Pressure, and it's not even "their" wedding. Good onya! clap.gif

VI

PS I'm asuming there are photos WITH smiles too, that are equally nice.
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • DLutzDLutz Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Thanks so much for the wonderful replies and critiques, yes there were more shots with some smiles but this look was pushing the priceless thing for me :D

Here is an additional shot from the session:
    CRW_1281-edit.jpg
    --Daniel
    "Capturing Moments in Time Since 1975"
    For more of my images check out my photo blog: