Options

Tamron 70-200 f2.8 (Nikon)

Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in Cameras
I preordered this lens months ago and today it arrived. I don't really own any high end lenses, so I can't really compare it to the Nikon lenses. But its built quite sturdy, it does focus faster than my Tamron 28-75MM f2.8. So far I'm quite happy with it, but like all 70-200 lenses, its big. Maybe too big for me. I'm not sure that I'm ready to use something this big. Here are a few f2.8 shots I took tonight.

80MM f2.8
329045813_sez9A-L.jpg

130MM f2.8
329046881_eksdR-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Looks pretty good.
    Congrats.
  • Options
    ScottJ83ScottJ83 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    good shots... great bokeh... looks like this lens is the real deal
  • Options
    robandjazzyrobandjazzy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    First thing In noticed on last shot great Bokeh, very nice shots.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    First thing In noticed on last shot great Bokeh, very nice shots.
    15524779-Ti.gif

Second thing I noticed is the very nice focus - seems to be sharp enoughthumb.gif

Third thing I noticed is the cute kidthumb.gif

Fourth thing I noticed on the second photo is that it's just that much under exposed - could have used a touch of fill maybe? mwink.gif
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008

Fourth thing I noticed on the second photo is that it's just that much under exposed - could have used a touch of fill maybe? mwink.gif

Absolutely, I just wanted to leave the image untouched to show what the lens was responsible for. He is a great little guy, but seconds after this, he stabbed the front element with sidewalk chalk and gave me a mild heart attack. I don't yet have a UV filter on it for protection. Fortunately, chalk is softer than glass, and all is good.

I have used this lens a bit more and I really like it. It was only $699, and the minum focus distance is ~34" which I really like. I'll post some more examples from another shoot in a bit.
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston