Options

Congratulations to cmurph - the DSS #12 (Massive or Minuscule) Winner!

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited November 24, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Really wonderful stuff for this round, guys! clap.gif As always, judging itself was a challenge. Sean and I agreed on 6 images, giving you all 14 to choose from. The top 5 from this round will be qualified to play in the currently running DSS Mega-Challenge #2. :barb

This is an open vote, all DGrin members are eligible to have their say. The poll closes 3 days from now, go go go!!!

#9 KevXman – Reaching For Heaven
413301991_JAFMp-XL

#11 Divamum - We Hold This Tooth to be Self Evident......
statuecrossprocessf.jpg

#17 - pyry - Wonder
415866889_6iPXb-L.jpg

#18 - Llywellyn - Our Little Corner of the World
414489732_jUpTf-XL.jpg

#19 - jeffmeyers - Toy Town St Louis
415811801_EEg9N-L.jpg

#21 - ic4u - "Mini Me"
414847345_kUBDt-L.jpg

#22 - thebigsky - A Sense Of Perspective
415197075_EjfeR-L.jpg

#23 - Mnemosyne - My photo
415417902_DXf8e-L.jpg

#29 - Troy Raymond - Playin Around
416663480_S6XTE-L.jpg

#35 - slowwalker – no title
417548588_PghoN-X3.jpg

#39 - liflander - Attack of the Giant Baby!
417868949_HRf5C-O.jpg

#42 - RebeccaHelm- Desert scale
418066694_XutS7-L.jpg

#45 - PaulThomasMcKee - Wall Street vs Main Street
418825996_JXMtb-X3.jpg

#48 cmurph - A nice place to read
418584836_FhsQX-L.jpg
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

What is the best Massive or Minuscule Photo? 121 votes

#9 KevXman – Reaching For Heaven
1% 2 votes
#11 Divamum - We Hold This Tooth to be Self Evident......
1% 2 votes
#17 - pyry - Wonder
11% 14 votes
#18 - Llywellyn - Our Little Corner of the World
6% 8 votes
#19 - jeffmeyers - Toy Town St Louis
3% 4 votes
#21 - ic4u - "Mini Me"
5% 7 votes
#22 - thebigsky - A Sense Of Perspective
0% 1 vote
#23 - Mnemosyne - My photo
7% 9 votes
#29 - Troy Raymond - Playin Around
4% 6 votes
#35 - slowwalker – no title
2% 3 votes
#39 - liflander - Attack of the Giant Baby!
2% 3 votes
#42 - RebeccaHelm- Desert scale
15% 19 votes
#45 - PaulThomasMcKee - Wall Street vs Main Street
15% 19 votes
#48 cmurph - A nice place to read
19% 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for including my image in the judging round! I am shocked.. but very excited! I'm like a little child, I had to call my husband right away "I made it to the judging round"! Anyway, to be included with all of these superb images is a great feeling. Congratulations to all of the finalists! And thank you to Emily and Sean. Emily, all that you do to keep these challenges moving in a positive direction is awesome! Good luck everyone!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Congrats to you all! clap.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    CONGRATS TO ALL ENTRANTS.....clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Even tho I could only vote for one......that decision made my head hurt terribly.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AnnasPhotosAnnasPhotos Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Congrats everyone! Great round!! clap.gifclap
    Photography is just not about taking pictures....
    It's a learning experience. :D
    My Blog
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Wow - thanks!! wings.gif It was only by chance that I was able to photograph that silly tooth sculpture as I wound up doing some last-minute travelling during the challenge period. As always, the process of preparing an image for one of these challenges has taught me SO MUCH (I didn't even know what cross-processing WAS before messing with this shot), and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn by doing. Thanks for bearing with my fledgling efforts! And I will say that this experience has brought home the fact that if I'm going to keep doing this I *really* need something wider than 28mm...rolleyes1.gif

Congrats to everybody - there were a LOT of really interesting images this round!
  • Options
    Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Congratulation to all who entered clap.gifclap.gif and to the finalist in the voting round.thumb.gifthumb.gif Some really amazing images, It will take me a few days to make a decision.
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    It's never easy to pick just one in these challenges given the high level of quality and creativity of the entries. This time it seemed even harder. Congratulations to all of the entrants and to the finalists. All I can say is WOW! Massively magnificent.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    Congratulations to all.

Good Luck on All Future Rounds!!

Peace and Out.
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2008
    It's taken me all morning to cast a vote - I feel guilty for having to exclude images that I LOVED! :cry (now I know how those casting agents feel when they have 5 equally qualified applicants and I won't take it so personally when they don't cast me!! Well, maybe ;)
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    congrats
    Congrats to everyone who entered! So many fantastic images in this round. Good luck to all the finalists, and thanks for selecting my image.
    Cheers,
    Mark
  • Options
    cmurphcmurph Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Congrats to everyone who entered! Lots of greats shots to choose from in here...I voted...wow that is hard to do...I really end up chewing my nails off during the vote time...arrg...

I can't say thank you enough..to both Emily and Sean for juding and then including this one for a vote. I really appreciate the thoughtful feedback from you both. You mean a great deal to me!....

Best luck to all in the vote...it will be over soon so VOTE!

Shoot to ride, Ride to live!
    :wow
  • Options
    leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Ok, that was difficult. It is so hard to choose just one from so many good images. This is my first time voting on a challenge and my first post at that. Hi all!
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    leahe wrote:
    Ok, that was difficult. It is so hard to choose just one from so many good images. This is my first time voting on a challenge and my first post at that. Hi all!

WELCOME! :D
    Emily

• Options
    billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Wow as usual a lot of great images, it was sure hard to choose. Good Luck Everyone!! clap.gifbowdown.gifbowclap.gif
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    A massive congratulations to cmurph for an awesome win! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

The following Sharp Shooters are now eligible to enter in the currently running Mega-Challenge...so get busy as the clock in ticking!

cmurph
    RebeccaHelm
    PaulThomasMcKee
    pyry
    Mnemosyne

Fantastic round guys! wings.gif
    Emily

• Options
    RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congratulations cmurph! clap.gifwings.gif

And a big congrats to all who entered! clap.gif As always this was a really fun challenge period and I feel so lucky to be able to spend time hanging out (virtually speaking ;)) with such an outstanding and talented bunch!

And thanks so much Emily and Sean for judging this round! So many amazing photographs- this one was really tough!
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Nicely done cmurphclap.gifclapclap.gif

After pondering on my top three from this round,
    this was the one that won out for me, I thought the idea was unique,
    loved it in B&W and I think it just had more of an emotional impact on me...Congrats!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congrats to all the finalists!!! Well done! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congrats to all - another great round! clap.gif
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
  • Options
    cmurphcmurph Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Ahhh...warm fuzzies...what a wonderful thing to wake up to this morning...its snowing in NC and that is one of my favorite things to begin any day with!...but then I find this on my favorite site...and this is just icing on the cake. wings.gif

I can't thank you all enough for voting for this picture it means a great deal to me and am humbled by your selection. I appreciate all the great feed back you have provided. I was not sure if this shot was going to do anything as it appeared the feed back had some mixed reactions to it ~ and perhaps it grew on others in the way Sean described in his very thoughtful feedback. In the end I am thrilled to have been selected! I know it was a tough decision to make as there where many great shots in here, any of which could have been in 1st place. Thank you to Emily for your tireless effort you have put into this wonderful challenge! It is difficult enough to shoot these rounds, I can only imagine how difficult it is to run it week after week. I really appreciate you keeping this thing going it really is fun to do and a great learning experience for anyone who jumps in.

Speaking of jumping in...I now need to go find my favorite place!...in the SNOW!
    :wow
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    cmurph wrote:
    Speaking of jumping in...I now need to go find my favorite place!...in the SNOW!

Congrats, and send some of that snow my way mwink.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    cmurph wrote:
    :cry Send some this way. Pretty, pretty please? :D

And congrats again on a fine photo! thumb.gif
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congratulations!!!! clap.gif You and the tractors seem to make a nice team! rolleyes1.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congrats Murph. Very creative concept clap.gif
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congrats! thumb.gif

And that's where our snow is! It's in the forecast for today, but I'm looking at blue skies right now. You snow stealer! :rutt :D
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    It's snowing here... looked out the window and nearly fainted! Nott much, mind you, but... snow 'tis... :D
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Concrats cmurph! beer.gif

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    congrats to the winners!!!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Congratulations to Cmurph on a really cool shot and well deserved result! I think that your shot could work quite well for "my favorite place" too!

Thanks to everyone who supported my entry and especially thanks to everyone who took the time to leave feedback in the gallery...it was great to read about your reactions to my little editorial image. I really enjoyed the process of creating it from initial concept to final. I'm tickled with how it turned out.

My neighbors are probably ready to have me involuntarily committed after seeing me standing out in the middle of the street in front of my house early on a Saturday morning dressed in a business suit and striking odd poses for a camera on a tripod...then taking pictures of the sky.