• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support How To Bulk Delete SmugMug Galleries?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Jul-04-2008, 05:26 AM
GSPerkins is offline GSPerkins OP
Beginner grinner
How To Bulk Delete SmugMug Galleries?
I just tried to migrate all my albums over from Phanfare using Smugglr. The first time, it didn't complete, so I had to try it again. After the third attempt, I think it worked, but it duplicated/triplicated all my albums (hundreds). So now I'm looking for a method to delete all of them and start over, without going into each individual gallery and selecting 'Delete Gallery'. This will take days. Any suggestions/tools?

Thank you.
Old Jul-04-2008, 05:30 AM
denisegoldberg is offline denisegoldberg
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPerkins
I just tried to migrate all my albums over from Phanfare using Smugglr. The first time, it didn't complete, so I had to try it again. After the third attempt, I think it worked, but it duplicated/triplicated all my albums (hundreds). So now I'm looking for a method to delete all of them and start over, without going into each individual gallery and selecting 'Delete Gallery'. This will take days. Any suggestions/tools?
You could try SmugBrowser. You will still need to delete the galleries individually, but it's as simple as selecting the gallery in a tree structure, right-clicking, and selecting delete. I'm sure that this will be much faster than deleting each gallery individually directly within smug.

SmugBrowser is available at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484.

--- Denise

Musings & ramblings at http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com, quick posts in google+
Old Jul-04-2008, 01:01 PM
haner is offline haner
Big grins
I had a similar issue on a trial account where I've tried to migrate from zenfolio. After a few tries, I had double of every gallery and it's a pain deleting them one by one. Support informed me the best thing to do is to have them cancel it on their end, and then sign up for a free trial again. This was easy enough for me to do so I agreed.
Old May-22-2009, 09:31 PM
gillat is offline gillat
Eye-Fi co-founder
I'm trying to erase everything in my account, so that I could start fresh (smuggl'ing).

I had one category that had TONS of albums in it. When I pressed Delete, it didn't confirm that it's going to delete, and so far, everything is still there.

Is it just going to take a long time and am I being impatient, or is it some sort of a safety mechanism, to prevent people from mass deleting everything?

If there is an easier way to bulk delete everything in my account, let me know :-)
Old May-22-2009, 09:45 PM
PBolchover is offline PBolchover
Major grins
Try emailing smugmug. They probably have tools to allow them to bulk delete all of your photos...
Old May-22-2009, 09:51 PM
gillat is offline gillat
Eye-Fi co-founder
Yup, emailed Andy Williams and David Parry...

Thx :-)
Tell The World!