Options

Why is every SmugMug Gallery link going to the SmugMug Homepage?

cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited January 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've been browsing some photography forums and links to personal SmugMug galleries are going to the SM homepage instead of the gallery I was hoping to go to. It even happens when I click on a link to my personal site.:scratch

Also when providing links to a certain image in a gallery it goes to the first photo in the gallery. Not the one that is linked to. To get around the problem I was able to copy and paste the link into the address bar using Firefox and that displayed the proper image.
My Pictures : My Gear
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I'm not getting the SmugMug homepage, instead, when trying to access my site http://gallery.primarycolors.com, I'm getting "Stacey's homepage" and it's asking for a password. I've seen this one other time, and it was a problem on the SmugMug servers.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    gearygeary Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Can't create new gallery
    I can't create a new gallery in my account. I have tried from both FireFox and IE6. In /gallery/create.mg I have tried multiple titles, categories, and subcateogries. When I press "Create Galery" the page simply refreshes with no error and nothing happens. If I select a quick setting other than "Default" the page refreshes and the quick setting is set back to "Default". No gallery ever gets created.

I have tried logging in and out and multiple browsers. My Standard account seems to be up to date (acaciafarm.smugmug.com). Help please.

Thanks,
    Geary
  • Options
    stuartbmstuartbm Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Only get link to smugmug
    Hi all, Is anyone else having problems ?

First thing this morning my site was 'as normal' one hour later, all i get when i link from my favourites, or type in my web address is smugmug home page?

Kind Regards.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    geary wrote:
    I can't create a new gallery in my account. I have tried from both FireFox and IE6. In /gallery/create.mg I have tried multiple titles, categories, and subcateogries. When I press "Create Galery" the page simply refreshes with no error and nothing happens. If I select a quick setting other than "Default" the page refreshes and the quick setting is set back to "Default". No gallery ever gets created.

I have tried logging in and out and multiple browsers. My Standard account seems to be up to date (acaciafarm.smugmug.com). Help please.

Thanks,
    Geary

Same problem here (see below). And now everything I try to upload to an existing gallery, I get an error message that says "invalid album id" when I use star*explorer. Yikes-- I'm trying to upload for a paying client and I promised the photos by morning.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    JeffMPhotoJeffMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 28, 2008
    Yeah, right now my website is redirecting to "macaskills photos."
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    JeffMPhoto wrote:
    Yeah, right now my website is redirecting to "macaskills photos."

Yeah, I think us west coasters trying to work late are out of luck. There are several issues right now aside from this.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Custom Domain Leads To Photo Macaskill's Home
    i'm sure it will be magically resolved as soon as i post this, but right now photos.bhott.com does not go to my smugmug (binghott.smugmug.com) but it is going to "photo macaskill (photos)'s home" headscratch.gif

this has happened to me at least once before, about a month ago. i do not want visitors coming to see my site and seeing somebody else's page. if you could prevent this from happening in the future i would be greatly appreciative!

i hope this is not a major problem! thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    dogwood wrote:
    Pete Springer
    petespringer.smugmug.com
    http://www.petespringer.com

Peter, your custom domain (http://www.petespringer.com/) is rendering as the SmugMug Home page. I assume that's not what you want.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    I'm seeing all sorts of links get redirected to the SmugMug home page. I suspect this is all related. Hopefully this is something that is easilly fixed.
  • Options
    ochongochong Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    stuartbm wrote:
    Hi all, Is anyone else having problems ?

First thing this morning my site was 'as normal' one hour later, all i get when i link from my favourites, or type in my web address is smugmug home page?

Kind Regards.

I'm seeing the same thing. Must be affecting all users.
    http://www.bitartifact.com/
    Canon 7D & 350D
    10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 ~ 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II ~ 50mm f/1.8 II ~ 85mm f/1.8 ~ 100mm f/2.8 ~ 70-200mm f/4 IS L
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Something broken?
    I can't access any SmugMug user site. Is it just me? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Dang you guys, this is like the third or fouth time this month!

eek7.gif
    =Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008

No, it appears to be down for everyone.
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    scwalter wrote:
    No, it appears to be down for everyone.
    Thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008

Nah, it's broken, there are already a couple other threads of complaints, and my friend just mentioned it to me over IM as well.

As I stated, this is like the third or fourth crash this month. You guys better be working on something HUGE to make this all worthwhile!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    Nah, it's broken, there are already a couple other threads of complaints
    I took a quick browse before posting but didn't see another related thread. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    dimsom30dimsom30 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 28, 2008
    I can't even get to the public page for our sites, let alone log in :cry
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    Working again! clap.gif
  • Options
    Nicolas_CHNicolas_CH Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    geary wrote:
    I'm seeing all sorts of links get redirected to the SmugMug home page. I suspect this is all related. Hopefully this is something that is easilly fixed.
    Yep, hope so as well - need to work on some stuff.

Can't even log out anymore and besides this most functions don't work anymore ... such as delete images/galleries, up/download images, change most (if not all) settings etc.

Nicolas
    Mainly for private use - no chance to meet your work, guys! http://team-boehmer.smugmug.com
  • Options
    dimsom30dimsom30 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 28, 2008
    w00t!!! time to upload =)
  • Options
    Nicolas_CHNicolas_CH Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Nicolas_CH wrote:
    Yep, hope so as well ...

Aaah, back on track! thanx
    Mainly for private use - no chance to meet your work, guys! http://team-boehmer.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    I took a quick browse before posting but didn't see another related thread. Thanks for the reply.

The first thread about the problem is here.

Looks like everything is getting back to normal now...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Hi Folks, I was asleep when this happened, but it looks to have been handled by Onethumb and all is back to normal.

Sorry for the hassle :(
  • Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks, I was asleep when this happened, but it looks to have been handled by Onethumb and all is back to normal.

Sorry for the hassle :(

You sleep? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks, I was asleep when this happened

How dare you! Who said you were allowed to sleep? rolleyes1.gif

I was hoping one of the many support heroes from around the world would be awake and notify the powers that be. I just hope it wasn't you, Andy, that they notify!

And thanks to whoever merged all of the threads regarding this same issue into this one thread.