Options

Hello....a newbie here

kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited December 23, 2007 in Wildlife
Right, so I tried several times to work the "to get to know you" link without any joy. So here I go. My name is Jeromie. My background is technical drafting and design. Currently I work for a medical imaging equipment corporation as a logistics site planner.

Before I go much further, do you let old hippies, that still love proper rock 'n roll and particularly the Blues in a site like this? The reason I ask is because I'm listening to Deep Purple's live Made in Japan right now. Rory Gallagher's live Irish Tour is queued up for the next go round. I do love live music...better in person, but live recorded is the next best.

I shot film since the late 70's, but eventually let my SLR devolve into a point and shoot. I purchased a Nikon D80 in July and have been on a vengence since then. My passion has been lit once more.

Okay, so for S&G's this is me. I'm not really good at self portraits yet, but this my attempt.

I'll have another go soon enough, but this is what I want to offer.

And just to annoy you a bit further I want to share some photos I took today. I had been over at friends watching the Carolina Tarheels embarrass the Gouchos of UCSB (college basketball), exchanging Xmas pressies, and just enjoying the holiday spirit. NO, I don't drink and drive. I drink. I drive. I don't combine the two. So anyway, I was driving the back roads and came across this very unsual site in North Carolina. I'm pretty sure they're Emu. Just struck me funny. Tell me what you think, please.

Xmas-Goose-1.jpg

Xmas-Goose-2.jpg

Xmas-Goose-3.jpg

Is this too much for the first time out?

MODS, IF THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED, PLEASE DO SO.

Cheers
I'll not repeat what others say, so, you can call me Brer.

"... but I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Chruchill

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    You are not alone...biggrinbounce2.gifsmile6biggrinbounce2.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 23, 2007
    nice sp and love the emus-

welcome-
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Welcome to Dgrin! I've always liked that song "Highway Star". The eyes on those Emus (?) are amazing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin! No one will kick you out because of the music...If so i would be looooong gone by now :ivar
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Hi Jeromie, thanks for the great intro and welcome! wave.gif

I love the emu shots. I know not everyone is a fan of them but I think they're so funny, and usually they're on the other side of a fence. :D

I changed your SP image to a link and I'll move this to the Wildlife forum since the emus are the majority. There is a thread for posting your photo, if you want to put it up there.

Keep sharing your shots with us!
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Nice bird shots, and I like your self portrait as well.

Keep posting,

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.