Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited July 25, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
There's something special about taking your own portrait (self-portrait). Anybody can take a photo of you, but only you can do the hard bit about choosing how you want to be seen. It's not that we don't want to see your handsome visages taken by other people, but that we want YOU to shoot them and present them yourselves.
self-por·trait:
n. A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.

Edit: I merged the two "show us your mug" threads. :)

:smile6
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    Win38-55Win38-55 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2004
    Here I am. 3038786-S.jpg
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2004
    Well I hope you all have digested your food well. I dont want you losing your meal's after I post a Pic of myself...
    Self Portrait
    2729763-S.jpg

Taken 3 weeks ago after a long shift at work and taken in the timeless classical ArmsLength method.blbl.gif

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2004
    Heh.. well, if you go look at my profile, you'll see one of my classic poses.. (my b-i-l caught my dear father digging for gold, so my sisters and I took the opportunity to poke some fun). Let's see here.. nothing exactly recent, but within a year.. (taken with an exceedingly poor camera, the Sony Mavica F73 - it uses floppies! ROFLE!)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2004
    *Sigh*

OK, one last time... but that's it. No more.

pic5.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    *Sigh*

nice try.

http://www.agreatlink.com/agl/mel/images/pic5.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2004
    This is me.
  • Options
    TJAmyTJAmy Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2004
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    iloveyou.gif
    wxwax wrote:
    *Sigh*

pic5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2004
    TJAmy wrote:
    iloveyou.gif

show us your mug.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 25, 2004
    2529603-M.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 25, 2004
    fish wrote:
    show us your mug.
    You First!biggrinbounce2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2004
    Rats, I wish I were home. I have the perfect pic to show you what Fish looks like. I believe all of the skin blemishes have since cleared-up. mwink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    TJAmy wrote:
    You First!biggrinbounce2.gif

already did. your turn.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Rats, I wish I were home. I have the perfect pic to show you what Fish looks like. I believe all of the skin blemishes have since cleared-up. mwink.gif
    Self-portrait: A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    Bok Bok Bok Bok ... Dam we need a chicken smiley!!
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Self-portrait: A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.

Watch your lip. Maybe an ointment will help.
    Sid.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    3079722-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Like I said, I'm never going to Oz.
    Sid.
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2004
    Ok, it's not a SELF portrait but my my daughter took it a couple weeks ago.

mesmall.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    yer whacked, waxy.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    What bugs me most about that shot is ya shaved off all my hair. I like the makeup, tho.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Excuse me, fellers, but NO ONE said anything about it having to be a self portrait. We have this one character on our board, Bangbang, used to be a nurse at one of the state mental hospitals in Michigan, he shared with us once one of the most... moving, haunting self-portraits I have ever seen. He called the place The Big House. I just wanted to post this shot because it affects in a deeply personal manner.

jackinthehole.jpg
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2004
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Excuse me, fellers, but NO ONE said anything about it having to be a self portrait.

Read the thread starting post...
    fish wrote:
    Let's see some fresh self-portraits. Who's first?

biggrinbounce2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Excuse me, fellers, but NO ONE said anything about it having to be a self portrait. We have this one character on our board, Bangbang, used to be a nurse at one of the state mental hospitals in Michigan, he shared with us once one of the most... moving, haunting self-portraits I have ever seen. He called the place The Big House. I just wanted to post this shot because it affects in a deeply personal manner.

jackinthehole.jpg
    It is very artistic picture. Thanks for sharing. So you lived in MI? Why did ya leave?
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Umm.. no, I've never been to Michigan. Actually only ever been to the midwest once, Kansas. This is a friend from online (I have many), he's in Michigan. I don't know if I would like it in Michigan... I hear the fishin's pretty good!

fish, the title and the starting thread don't jive! Clearly, mine is not a self-portrait. I only have a few of those.. and I look really goofy (hey, my arms are short!). <giggle>
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    fish, the title and the starting thread don't jive! Clearly, mine is not a self-portrait. I only have a few of those.. and I look really goofy (hey, my arms are short!). <giggle>
    no value judgements made. do it.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    fish, the title and the starting thread don't jive!

English as a foreign language? headscratch.gif

lol3.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:

fish, the title and the starting thread don't jive!
    do so. :smooch
  • Options
    SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2004
    Only because I'm trying to participate here....:hung
    3154708-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2004
    Me, last night.

3138781-M.jpg
    Sid.