Options

I am seriously upset

2»

Comments

• Options
    richpepprichpepp Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    and, if you are interested, I didn't like the way that the standard contact form suddenly changed your carefully crafted webpage to black so i added the following CSS that changed the background to white and a little less opaque.

If you want to try then stick the following in a site-wide CSS block

.sm-nui .yui3-widget-mask, .sm-nui .yui3-overlay-mask {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }

.yui3-widget-mask, .yui3-overlay-mask {
    -ms-filter: "alpha(opacity=40)";
    filter: alpha(opacity=40);
    opacity: .40;
    }

i-jfPcHbf-M.jpg

(that's not me btw, it's a site I set up for a friend :) )
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    And Charles, how have you done this ?

I do have seen it somewhere before... :) Thank you ! :)

Antonio, thanks for the compliment and of course it's a genetic thing, has to do with parental DNI - oh, I thought you meant my photo. The contact page is set up in your entire site navs. To insert your photo just click on the image icon in the Contact page then phone me. I will come and take your photo then just select the folder it will be in in your computer and you have it.
    :D
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    'Customize' > 'Customize Site'. Select 'entire site'. Hover over the menu content block you wish to change. Select the tool icon. Scroll down and select 'text size'. The options are XL-XS.

To change the font that is used, create site-wide theme via the 'theme' menu next to the 'content' [block] menu. Scroll down and select 'create theme'. The menu will display with a wide variety of font options. You can also insert CSS code in the 'theme'. Good luck!

Thanks but when I originally set my theme the only font change I could find had no affect on the header just the body. You mentioned CSS in theme. I have some CSS in there but have no css affecting fonts. Is there a code for header font type/size? I would love to have it.

I do wish there was a dictionary of css codes listed by affect. But if there was how would we replace our mutually new 'hobby'?
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • Options
    tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    You don't need to bookmark to find the posts/threads that you have made in this forum. If you click your profile name, it will take you to your profile page. On the page, there is a "statistics" icon. Click it and you will find all the threads/posts that you have made in this forum before. I find it very useful to keep track of my posts/threads.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2013
    You can also click your name on the left and in the drop pick "Find More Posts by krashedmykarch".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    Thanks but when I originally set my theme the only font change I could find had no affect on the header just the body. You mentioned CSS in theme. I have some CSS in there but have no css affecting fonts. Is there a code for header font type/size? I would love to have it.

I do wish there was a dictionary of css codes listed by affect. But if there was how would we replace our mutually new 'hobby'?

I don't personally have a code to affect the header font, but I'm sure some of the wizards here would be glad to help! :)

I also agree regarding this, but like you in a way the effort and discover is the best part. thumb.gif
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2013
    Thanks but when I originally set my theme the only font change I could find had no affect on the header just the body. [...]
    What exactly do you mean by "header"? For example the writing "charles daly photography" on top of you pages? Or what is to see above the galleries (name of gallery) when browsing?

If the first it is IMHO your logo. Go Customize -> hover over the logo -> click the wrench -> text size -> choose between XS-XL
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 10, 2013
    richpepp wrote: »
    and, if you are interested, I didn't like the way that the standard contact form suddenly changed your carefully crafted webpage to black so i added the following CSS that changed the background to white and a little less opaque.
    Thanks for this - I hated the change to all black for the contact form. I used your code but changed the background to a gray so the "Contact" text on the background is readable.

--- Denise
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2013
    Thx too... changed the code a bit but all your help is much appreciated :)
  • Options
    ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2013
    i-RdVvxDc-L.png

Thank you Soul Gaze ! :)

I just would like to erase this Themes rectangle I see at the bottom !

Here in the image above, you see "everything" because I am signed in but there is a rectangle - on the public site - at the bottom which I would like not to be present at all.

It looks to me that it belongs to the template. If you can give me a help that would be much appreciated.

Thank you ! :D

I just looked at your site and found that all your links are File Not Found. It looks like you are manually inserting links to your organizer which your viewers cannot access. Your browser goes there because you're logged in and that is why you're seeing those boxes at the bottom.

Go to Customize Site and choose Entire Site, then click on the MENU wrench. Choose LINKS in the open window and then for each item, click the little arrow to the right and select "Page I Choose" Then Click on the "Pick One" line and a window will open showing all your galleries. Click the one you want and when you've done them all, click done. Then publish your changes and check your links again. That should solve the problem.

A good thing to do is to open your site in 2 different browsers (I use Safari and Chrome) I stay logged in with Safari and never log in with Chrome. That way I can check to see how my site is working to anyone who visits who is not logged in.

Hope this helps. I was looking forward to seeing some of your photos because what I've seen so far looks very good. :ivar
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!