Options

Help! (and bit of a smugmug shill)

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited January 10, 2011 in The Big Picture
You may have missed this, as the original thread has been hijacked. The Smugmug folks are trying to get an area in StackOverflow for helping Smugmug users. Its a great community and tool for helping with lots of cool stuff, and it would be GREAT to be able to use it as another tool for Smugmug help.

HOWEVER, we (users) need to 'vote' for this to happen. I visited the site today, and it seems that the votes (commits) have stalled.

There are 54k members on this board, we only need a handful to get this done.

Check the first post in this thread:
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=184963

and consider logging into Area51, and clicking 'commit'. It costs nothing and you don't even need to give them your email if you don't want to.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2011
    I committed.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I still concur with many on the original thread...we do not need yet another place to look for answers.....I have read that thread thru twice and see no sign of hijacking.....and I would say Andy did not seem to think it was hijacked as there were no warnings I have seen about hijacking of the thread.....sorry jmho.

Let's get real for a second...if those running SM decide to do this...it is gonna happen they do not need US to commit to it.....if they want it...it will be so..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    I committed when this was new. I think the point of requiring commitments though is to make sure the sites that get started have a chance to flourish, which they won't if users are nagged into committing.

Not meant to be, in my opinion. ne_nau.gifcry

Malte