Options

CSS to Place Collected Image Text "From..." Link?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
In another thread about about collecting photos I mentioned how I'd like to see the old site's "See Original Image" link that appeared in the description. It was pointed out to me that in some of the gallery styles it now says, "From..." and links to the original gallery. I use the collage style and do not see that information.

Would anyone happen to know the CSS code I could use site-wide to place that auto generated link into my images description?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    I'm trying to sort this out. I went into a gallery that I knew had a collected photo from another gallery. I changed the gallery theme to Smugmug style. There I saw the "From" followed by a link to the original gallery. I did an Inspect element and got this:
    <p id="yui_3_8_0_1_1377054406424_1615" class="sm-text-mini">
          From 
        <a id="yui_3_8_0_1_1377054406424_1614" class="sm-text-mini" href="http://www.ronlutzii-photographer.com/Travel/PA/20070210-11/i-H8PbLWW">
          A Winter Drive
        </a></p>

Is this the first clue I need to finding out how to get some sort of CSS to make this same text appear in my Collage Landscape descriptions?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    I tried this, but I don't know what I'm doing... I just pieced stuff together looking at other CSS.
    .yui_3_8_0_1_1377054406424_1615 .yui_3_8_0_1_1377054406424_1614 {

display: text

}

Hieroglyphics would be easier to learn...
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    I thought I'd create a couple of screenshots of what I am trying to do. That way it's clear what I'm attempting here.

In the Smugmug style gallery a collected photo from another gallery will have an auto generated link back to the original. It appears in the caption field. See the red circle below.

i-s6V458k-L.jpg

I use Collage Landscape. The auto generated "From..." text doesn't appear. I'd like it to.

i-phNbkGs-L.jpg

Should I just report this as a bug?
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Should I just report this as a bug?

I don't think display: text; is a valid CSS thing, you could try display:block;, or one of the other options listed here in the documentation: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_display.asp Additionally, from what I see in the HTML, I don't think the text you want to show is even in the page so CSS can't "turn it on".

Since none of the other "detail" information shows I'd guess that it was intentionally not included and rather than reporting it as a bug you may want to submit it as a feature request. Of course if there is SM documentation stating that it would show (and it doesn't) then it would be appropriate to submit a bug report.

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    .yui_3_8_0_1_1377180177857_1286 .sm-text-mini {

display: block

}

I gave that a shot. No effect. I guess I'll make a feature request...