Options

>>> People Photo Challenges --- Challenge Chit-Chatter <<<

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Don't forget to vote! the poll will close in a little over 12 hours!
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    Don't forget to vote! the poll will close in a little over 12 hours!

We have a winner! clap.gifwings.gif
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2010
    The February challenge is open for entries! Reflections wings.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Oooh... we better get going on this reflections challenge...
    It ends today! :D
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2010
    Oooh... we better get going on this reflections challenge...
    It ends today! :D

There are very few entries compared to the previous rounds? Anything I should know? Or was it just a hard theme? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    There are very few entries compared to the previous rounds? Anything I should know? Or was it just a hard theme? ear.gif
    Regardless, we have winner! clap.gifwings.gif
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2010
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2010
    Sorry for the delay, folks, but the March Challenge is open for business! The theme: Photoshop deal.gif
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    kris10jo wrote:
    It took me several tries to get this photo the way I wanted it. Here's my entry:

slightly off subject, but I just realized where your username came from, Kristen :) Clever!
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    I'd love some feedback on how you think the challenges are going! Improvements, changes? ear.gif
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Not exactly an answer to your present question, but before/after images for some of the PS entries would help me (and perhaps some other learners) understand what can be done in post (either creatively or out of necessity).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Not exactly an answer to your present question, but before/after images for some of the PS entries would help me (and perhaps some other learners) understand what can be done in post (either creatively or out of necessity).
    Sure! If people wouldn't mind posting the originals here, that would be great!

As far the theme goes, it can be anything, really; From a 'simple' black and white conversion to complete make-overs!
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    slightly off subject, but I just realized where your username came from, Kristen :) Clever!

Thanks! I thought, hmm... i should put my name in a signature, but i guess it's in the watermark anyway.

sorry, i probably shouldn't reply in this thread, so pls feel free to delete as necessary. ;)
    Kristen
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Before & After
    I'll jump in with my entry. SOOC wasn't great, but I loved the expression on her face. She was upset about something and had just finished crying, so her eyes were red. Plus, I didn't get the best lighting.

813382947_A9uaT-M.jpg

I wanted this photo to work, so I made several editing attempts until I got this one. Here's my black & white conversion.

756016149_QQADR-M-4.jpg
    Kristen
  • Options
    SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    The original is attached to this post. I shoot in raw+jpg and this is the jpg directly from the camera. Basic processing of raw in photoshop is probably not enough to entermwink.gif but I did do some other adjustments. Obviously, I cropped the photo really close, so the picture is all about her face and nothing else. The black/white conversion is not 'standard'. My aim was to make her (gorgeous) eyes attract all the attention. I tweaked with the channels to make her skin 'fade' and her blue eyes more prominent. I forgot to save a psd-version of the file...headscratch.gif so unfortunately I cannot tell you the exact layer settings... sorry!
    The end result:
    753413588_dC3aW-M.jpg
  • Options
    Starlite AlleyStarlite Alley Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2010
    Entry Link
    headscratch.gif Hi All - First time entering a challenge and I guess it shows - have searched through all the various threads for the entry link and it appears to be missing...of course being a newbie I'm probably just not looking in the right place. Ivar, the first post in this thread states "all your entries go here" however unlike other sites of this nature, there is no link "here". I know it exists since others have entered the contest; any help you can offer would be appreciated. I have been lurking for about a year now and finally decided it was time to get my feet wet.
    :ivar
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    headscratch.gif Hi All - First time entering a challenge and I guess it shows - have searched through all the various threads for the entry link and it appears to be missing...of course being a newbie I'm probably just not looking in the right place. Ivar, the first post in this thread states "all your entries go here" however unlike other sites of this nature, there is no link "here". I know it exists since others have entered the contest; any help you can offer would be appreciated. I have been lurking for about a year now and finally decided it was time to get my feet wet.

He meant "here"....as in this thread. So, just post up your pic directly into the thread as you did with your previous comment/question. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    I moved a few non entry posts from the entry thread to here thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010

He meant "here"....as in this thread. So, just post up your pic directly into the thread as you did with your previous comment/question. thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif

:welcome Starlite Alley wave.gif

I moved your question from the entry thread to this chit-chat thread. Just to be sure, your entry goes in this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=160953
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Swartzy wrote:
    "Slaying the Water Dragon"

Ok Swartzy, how are we going to compete with this???? Really nice composite!!iloveyou.gif
    LadyTX
  • Options
    morgan20morgan20 Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    cool photo
    digidrone wrote:
    Little Time Traveler

809752725_PW7hy-L.jpg
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I think it might be better if they were shorter. I know the trend is to keep them around for a month - like the mini-challenges in the Challenges forum and the same in the Wedding forum, but they seem to drag for me.

Maybe two weeks would be better, just to force people to react quicker instead of "oh yeah, I've been meaning to post something in that challenge thread... I'll get to it." Dunno, just and idea.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    Maybe two weeks would be better, ...
    I might try that for the next two rounds, see how that goes thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2010
    one more day for your entries, folks!!! Come on, I know there are more people out there who edit their photos!
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    I might try that for the next two rounds, see how that goes thumb.gif

I like this idea, too.

I think the forum is wonderful, and if separation is necessary, I would suggest the natural/studio lighting rather than the pro/amateur break-up options.

Thanks again, Ivar, and all the dedicated regulars. You are all amazing!
    Kristen
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2010
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2010
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2010
    The new round is up! The theme: Movement. Entry period is 2 weeks!!!!

Also, Swartzy's interview/bio is up! clap.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Hey.....even though I picked the theme...am I allowed to enter? Don't know how that works :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2010
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hey.....even though I picked the theme...am I allowed to enter? Don't know how that works :D
    Sure thumb.gif I just won't include you in the poll so I can get to interview someone else after this round :D (I added the rule after the first round actually).