Options

Morning Light...

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited October 12, 2005 in Landscapes
...at Lake of Two Rivers in Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.

Handheld 17-85 IS/20D.

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hi Ric,
    I'm really liking the one with the canoe. It adds dimension to the shotthumb.gif. Both are nice, but #2 stands out.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    I like No. 2 the best. I think the canoe adds that little something special that most pictures need for interest. It's nice the way the light comes from the right and just hits the canoe. How perfect!

Of course the mist adds a lot to both pictures and makes them so peaceful looking. If #2 was not there, I would love #1 by itself. So, I guess they are both great. Nice job! Nice morning!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 5, 2005
    These two are lovely! I wish I had more will power to get up early enough to catch the sweet light and fog.

I like the contrast the canoe makes to the scenery, too. But I prefer the first photo - the serenity is captured so well.

Good work!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Just beautiful Ric, you captured the moments wonderfully.

AJ
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hi Ric,
    I'm really liking the one with the canoe. It adds dimension to the shotthumb.gif. Both are nice, but #2 stands out.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris
    I agree. The second one was what I was after when I set up. I just had to wait for the light.

Thanks. :D
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2005
    Snapapple...
    snapapple wrote:
    I like No. 2 the best. I think the canoe adds that little something special that most pictures need for interest. It's nice the way the light comes from the right and just hits the canoe. How perfect!

Of course the mist adds a lot to both pictures and makes them so peaceful looking. If #2 was not there, I would love #1 by itself. So, I guess they are both great. Nice job! Nice morning!
    ...Yes, the second one was what I was after. The first one pleased me in how well the mist was visible with a dimension of it's own.

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2005
    Ana...
    annnna8888 wrote:
    These two are lovely! I wish I had more will power to get up early enough to catch the sweet light and fog.

I like the contrast the canoe makes to the scenery, too. But I prefer the first photo - the serenity is captured so well.

Good work!

Ana
    ...thank you! :D

I am not a morning person myself! We were on vacation so I make an exception from the norm.

I'm glad you saw these as I did. nod.gif
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Just beautiful Ric, you captured the moments wonderfully.

AJ
    Thanks very much, AJ. :D
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Over at dpreview....
    ....I received this lovely post from a guy on the Canon 20D forum:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=15364499

I have to go and see if my hats will still fit!!! rolleyes1.gif

Seriously...I am pleased and humbled. Evidently he saw what I saw.
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2005
    Four replies out of 200 views. Rather pathetic...methinks. Actually a total waste of time and effort.

Maybe no one owns a keyboard!!! :confused

At photonet: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?topic_id=1481&msg_id=00DoMw&photo_id=3790711&photo_sel_index=0

Click on details.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Four replies out of 200 views. Rather pathetic...methinks. Actually a total waste of time and effort.

Maybe no one owns a keyboard!!! :confused

linky 1

linky 1

total waste of time and effort? methinks not - first of all imo we should be doing this for ourselves, not for everyone else - the very first person i try and please is myself - if you are pleased or touched by my photo, well, then, that's great - if you choose to tell me, by replying, that's cool, too. 200 views, ok so maybe 50 of those were google spider - you had 150 photographers open your photo! how cool is that :D now many of them are just shy - lurkers - but they'll de-lurk eventually becuase this is the best darn photo forum on the plant :D many are too shy, and will never de-lurk, but nonetheless are part of our community here. some see our photos and don't feel qualified to comment, positively or negatively, or constructive critiqu-ely. still others didn't like our photo at all, for whatever reason.

200 views, you should be thrilled imo :D
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2005
    andy wrote:

200 views, you should be thrilled imo :D
    Obviously, I am not. :pissed