Options

AQWA -Aquarium WA

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited June 11, 2007 in Wildlife
While working at the function centre attached to the above facilities, I managed to sneak away for about an hour to have a look around and take some photo's of the underwater life.
I definitely don't have a lens with a wide enough aperture or the skill set to photograph under these conditions but I was still happy with a few of the results.

157556201-L.jpg

157559582-L.jpg

157562402-L.jpg

157563835-L.jpg

157601804-L.jpg

157602396-L.jpg

This is just inside the tunnel which has a moving floor or you can step off and spend some time in one spot if you choose. The nice thing is, there's no time limit or maximum number of times you can do the full loop.
158270594-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look, feel free to comment and or critique, either is always appreciated :thumb
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    I can't critique because I wouldn't know where to begin to even try to do underwater photography or photography in an aquarium. The shots are nice. I really like the one of the shark backlit. The seal photos are good because I like the expression that he seal has. I like the color of the bluefish in the first photo but it came out just a tad soft.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Hi there mushy!! First fish looks really mean eek7.gif and i love little seal, what a cutie iloveyou.gif Your last shot would be better if it wasn't tilted, little PS might fix that problem. Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Hi there mushy!! First fish looks really mean eek7.gif and i love little seal, what a cutie iloveyou.gif Your last shot would be better if it wasn't tilted, little PS might fix that problem. Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

Cheers to you both for your comments, the seals were just too cool and had alot of personality. The trainer was with us at the time and the seals were just watching his every move. Will give the pic a quick rotate and update too.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    Good shots under very challenging conditions. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Good shots under very challenging conditions. clap.gif

Cheers Harry, I've seen it done here a helluva lot better but I'm still happy with my results.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    headscratch.gif I should be at the Atlanta Aquarium next week. Any suggestions on in-camera color balance, etc.
    bsvirginian.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2007
    headscratch.gif I should be at the Atlanta Aquarium next week. Any suggestions on in-camera color balance, etc.
    bsvirginian.

If you have the option I'd be shooting in raw to cover your bases. Also use your lens that has the widest aperture as if its anything like our aquarium you'll spend the day struggling for light.
    Good luck and make sure you post some resultsthumb.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    really good shotsthumb.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    :D Thanks Mushy
    bsvirginian
    mushy wrote:
    If you have the option I'd be shooting in raw to cover your bases. Also use your lens that has the widest aperture as if its anything like our aquarium you'll spend the day struggling for light.
    Good luck and make sure you post some resultsthumb.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    mushy wrote:
    While working at the function centre attached to the above facilities, I managed to sneak away for about an hour to have a look around and take some photo's of the underwater life.
    I definitely don't have a lens with a wide enough aperture or the skill set to photograph under these conditions but I was still happy with a few of the results.
    This is just inside the tunnel which has a moving floor or you can step off and spend some time in one spot if you choose. The nice thing is, there's no time limit or maximum number of times you can do the full loop.
    Thanks for taking a look, feel free to comment and or critique, either is always appreciated thumb.gif

Awwwwwwww look at the seals face ... I love it iloveyou.gif
    What a little show off hey rolleyes1.gif
    He's playing the cutezeee game big time nod.gif
    Aquarium glass is not easy to deal with, you did a darn good job thumb.gif
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Awwwwwwww look at the seals face ... I love it iloveyou.gif
    What a little show off hey rolleyes1.gif
    He's playing the cutezeee game big time nod.gif
    Aquarium glass is not easy to deal with, you did a darn good job thumb.gif
    .... Skippy

Thanks Skippy, I timed it pretty well with the trainer there, so the seals were playing up big time. The glass was well scratched up so it did take some photoshopping to clean up.
    Strange thing was, the scratches are on the insideheadscratch.gif damn seals!
    May I take your picture?