Options

The Most Hungry Slug

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited December 17, 2014 in Holy Macro
On Sunday we went on the last fungus foray of the season, after several frosty mornings and that day was little warmer. We were all keen to get to a pub lunch and I took this last shot before reaching the car.

The experts did not examine the mushroom but it was close to some Mycena inclinata and looks very much like one.

I seem to have missed that the camera was reset from RAW capture to large file JPEGs by the repair engineer. So any noise was more difficult to deal with, losing some detail when dealing with noisy JPEGs. The results are not to bad in the circumstances. There are some small highlights which I would remove but I currently have no access to Photoshop.

EM-1, Kiron 105mm, TTL flash from single off-camera gun with diffuser and small, DIY beauty dish.

Harold

1066771.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2014
    Nice shot and very nice light!! I am only seeing one kind and they don't appear to be very photogenic.
    My only wish would be to lose the that bright bokeh element on bottom left with slight crop.....and if that yellow leave behind mushroom had been cleared out, it would have popped more.....
    Nice as is as well! Cheers!
  • Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice shot and very nice light!! I am only seeing one kind and they don't appear to be very photogenic.
    My only wish would be to lose the that bright bokeh element on bottom left with slight crop.....and if that yellow leave behind mushroom had been cleared out, it would have popped more.....
    Nice as is as well! Cheers!

Thanks. I don't have access to Photoshop at present, or I would have dealt with e.g. the small highlights. I am struggling with two other software packages, both of which save image files where they want to, not where I want them, if I don't watch them very closely. So I am not doing all that I might normally.

That leaf is meant to be there and contributes to the warm colours theme, also present in the mushroom stem. I do move obtrusive bits of vegetation when it suits me, and if it doesn't risk disturbing or damaging the subject, but that one was there at the start. Ideally, I would have shot one with and one without the leaf. It is a bit big for its purpose.

harold