Options

Disable Lightbox

LawlladinLawlladin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 30, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello,

Is there a way to disable the lightbox view within a gallery?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I'd also like to know how to do this. I don't want people opening the pictures on my news page.

eg. My News Page
  • Options
    jrporcarojrporcaro Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    I would like to know this too.
  • Options
    James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    jrporcaro wrote: »
    I would like to know this too.

Bump for this thread too. What I don't like about Lightbox is that unless the user knows that he/she has to click on the "X" in the very top right corner of the screen (it's hard to see and sometimes it seems like it's not even there) or hit ESC on their keyboard, they're stuck in Lightbox. Otherwise it's not real intuitive on how to maneuver out of it or to another image. Moreover, if you, the site owner, have already uploaded fairly large images for your galleries, the Lightbox does not make the image so much larger as to be worth the aggravation of trying to provide the site visitor with the instructions of how to navigate or exit lightbox mode.

I'm sure there's a way to kill Lightbox with coding. So, we need a CSS guru to step forward.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2013
    James_F wrote: »
    Bump for this thread too. What I don't like about Lightbox is that unless the user knows that he/she has to click on the "X" in the very top right corner of the screen (it's hard to see and sometimes it seems like it's not even there) or hit ESC on their keyboard, they're stuck in Lightbox. Otherwise it's not real intuitive on how to maneuver out of it or to another image. Moreover, if you, the site owner, have already uploaded fairly large images for your galleries, the Lightbox does not make the image so much larger as to be worth the aggravation of trying to provide the site visitor with the instructions of how to navigate or exit lightbox mode.

I'm sure there's a way to kill Lightbox with coding. So, we need a CSS guru to step forward.

I'm fairly certain that CSS cannot fix this. I assume that a click event has been registered on the image itself, or similar, meaning the only way to disable this would be to use JavaScript. Something we no longer have.
  • Options
    JohnwdJohnwd Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2013
    Lawlladin wrote: »
    Hello,

Is there a way to disable the lightbox view within a gallery?

Thank you!

I too would like this feature
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    I'd also like to know how to do this. I don't want people opening the pictures on my news page.

eg. My News Page

If you are using a single image block you can set the Action on Click to None.
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »

I'm using the Journal Gallery Style, but I might want it on other galleries too in the future.
  • Options
    James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2013
    jwashburn wrote: »

Joe: Unless I'm missing something (and that would not be unusual), I don't think what you suggest works to disable Lightbox.
  • Options
    mrlouiemrlouie Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2014
    YES !!! please I don't need the lightbox to open. We can turn off slide show no problem how bout this !!!!!!!!!!
    "Custom Cars & Beautiful Girls Make The World A Better Place"
  • Options
    davidvoydavidvoy Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 30, 2014
    Or, atleast SHOW our Header and Footer Adsense ads. PLEASE.
    Once a viewer goes Full screen NONE of my ADS show. PLEASE fix this.

I emailed support......

I love SmugMug. but i may have to ask for a refund and find a new alternative.
    having adsense is KEY for me, and only seeing ads on 1 screen is a real bummer.
    when viewers go into FULL view (LightBox?) ZERO ads display.
    when i have plans to have 5000+ more photos to display, I need ADS to show.

Why cant the Header and Footer ads show , even on LightBox as an option?
    If this is not possible, it would be a bummer and please let me know what i can do for a refund.
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2014
    davidvoy wrote: »
    Or, atleast SHOW our Header and Footer Adsense ads. PLEASE.
    Once a viewer goes Full screen NONE of my ADS show. PLEASE fix this.

I emailed support......

I love SmugMug. but i may have to ask for a refund and find a new alternative.
    having adsense is KEY for me, and only seeing ads on 1 screen is a real bummer.
    when viewers go into FULL view (LightBox?) ZERO ads display.
    when i have plans to have 5000+ more photos to display, I need ADS to show.

Why cant the Header and Footer ads show , even on LightBox as an option?
    If this is not possible, it would be a bummer and please let me know what i can do for a refund.

In all fairness, the point of a lightbox is to create a clear UI where you can view the image on it's own. Having adverts would defeat the purpose of it.

The clear, and I'd have thought easiest solution here is the ability to disable the lightbox in specific galleries. Then, everyone should be happy.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,456 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2014
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    In all fairness, the point of a lightbox is to create a clear UI where you can view the image on it's own. Having adverts would defeat the purpose of it.

The clear, and I'd have thought easiest solution here is the ability to disable the lightbox in specific galleries. Then, everyone should be happy.

....and I would leave (having ads). :D