Saigon waterfront billboards
273582192_STAsr-X2.jpg

Ankor Wot, Cambodia
293223258_49jgW-X2.jpg

Ankor temple.
293224485_n3inf-X2.jpg

Downtown Phnom Penh
293231718_ZsGsE-X2.jpg

All handheld taken with a 20D and 17-85 IS USM.
Either joined with Pano Maker 4 or CS3
Comments and critquing always appreciated :thumb
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Seriously great set mate. My favorite is 'sapa from the mountains' thumb.gif How was the tucker ?
  • Options
    SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Sapa from the mountians looks amazing! I cant wait till I'm in Singapore, Its such a nice city.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Wow!!!

That's all I can say....

WOW!!! :oogle

Panos really work in this case. The land and its people look bigger than life, a regular aspect ratio couldn't contain them!
  • Options
    summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Yes Wow, those are awesome.clap.gif
  • Options
    WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    These have got to be the best panos I've seen. Beautiful shots bowdown.gif !
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    These have got to be the best panos I've seen. Beautiful shots bowdown.gif !

I loved each and everyone of your shots. Please tell me how do you go about getting so deep photos. (from top to bottom) mine always turn out so narrow. I use Photoshop CS3.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    stunning, simply stunning. i really like the fishing harbor shot and how the boats are all strung together. i also like singapore by night.

Bob
    i am not sure how Mushy is shooting thiers, but i shoot most all my panoramas in portait orientation and stitch with cs3. this gives a much taller shot when stitched.
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Your panos just blow me away. They are awesome.bowdown.gif Now I have a good excuse to get one of those widescreen lcd displays.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    thankyou thankyou thankyou all for your kind words bowdown.gif
    The only resaon the shots have some height is I shoot mostly in portrait orientation, it gives a little extra room to crop and straight etc at the end.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    mushy wrote:
    thankyou thankyou thankyou all for your kind words bowdown.gif
    The only resaon the shots have some height is I shoot mostly in portrait orientation, it gives a little extra room to crop and straight etc at the end.

Thanks for the advice. When you say you use portrait, do you mean selecting the portrait position on the dial. When I take portrait shots I have been using a canon 60mm 2.8 macro lens. I have never taken lanscape shots with this lens. I am very impressed with your panos.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Bob, portrait orientation means holding the camera vertically (long side vertical, short side horizontal). BTW, you'd definitely want to set your exposure (shutter speed and aperture) manually so that exposure doesn't vary from shot to shot.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Great shots of a great place. I would love to go back the people are incridable and the country is beautiful. I was there in 67 and 68, got to do a lot of camping and hiking, the people were all real friendly, except this one group, they seemed to be pissed every time we ran into them....strangeheadscratch.gif
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Bob, portrait orientation means holding the camera vertically (long side vertical, short side horizontal). BTW, you'd definitely want to set your exposure (shutter speed and aperture) manually so that exposure doesn't vary from shot to shot.

Cuong

Yes.right I sincerely apologise for my ignorance. Mmmm you learn something all the time on here and I really appreciate what you have said. Would you say if I did a vertical shot covering two thirds of the shots I am on the right track. I think this is brilliant as a few of my friends think the panos I send them are far too narrow.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Yes.right I sincerely apologise for my ignorance. Mmmm you learn something all the time on here and I really appreciate what you have said. Would you say if I did a vertical shot covering two thirds of the shots I am on the right track. I think this is brilliant as a few of my friends think the panos I send them are far too narrow.
    Regards
    Bob

Thanks again for everyones comments.
    Bob, I used to shoot long narrow pano's until I asked the same questions on this forum and got great advice on how to get more, by shooting vertically.
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    mushy wrote:
    Thanks again for everyones comments.
    Bob, I used to shoot long narrow pano's until I asked the same questions on this forum and got great advice on how to get more, by shooting vertically.

Yes I really do understand what you say. I will start and do the shots vertically and hope and prey I can produce what you initially produced in this thread. I think it is wonderful when we can all muck in and help one another. This is what I love about Dgrin.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Great set! I really really really like the Sapa from above shot! bowdown.gif