Options

Flowers in NE Ohio...finally

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited April 11, 2005 in Wildlife
*** I always forget. I'm looking for what you think please. Negative is as good as positive to me. Thanks. ***

Yellow is hard, at least for me to photograph in flowers. To get any kind of texture along with color depth, I always seem to run the risk of getting a plastic look.

In Ne Ohio, we take our time getting around to Spring. So far very little on the color side of growth.

19222980-L.jpg

19222981-L.jpg

19222982-L.jpg

Unfortunately I was too stupid to see the shadow on the flower before taking the shot.

19222988-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited April 10, 2005
    edit bump
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    I like the comp on the second shot better than the first. I'm not sure exactly but the colors on the pics just don't do it for me. What time of day were you shooting?
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    I think part of the problem is that the whole flower is yellow, (partially, it's the flowers fault) the whole thing is yellow, guts and all which make it look like you selectively colorized the flower. In curves, do a slightly s-shaped curve in the red and blue channels but not the green, and it will help alot!(trust me on this one) I'd love to see what these look like photographed at sunset.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    I like the comp on the second shot better than the first. I'm not sure exactly but the colors on the pics just don't do it for me. What time of day were you shooting?
    Late afternoom, around 4 PM.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    I think part of the problem is that the whole flower is yellow, (partially, it's the flowers fault) the whole thing is yellow, guts and all which make it look like you selectively colorized the flower. In curves, do a slightly s-shaped curve in the red and blue channels but not the green, and it will help alot!(trust me on this one) I'd love to see what these look like photographed at sunset.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    That's what I love about this site, I get to learn so many things.

After the adjustments you suggested:

19462591-L.jpg

19462595-L.jpg