Options

Church garden, a bit fishy

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited May 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I've had the pleasure and honor of having the lovely and talented Schmoo over for a few days. Among other things we visited Utrecht, my home city. I love the city, and I walk around there frequently. It's interesting to see though, how different the city is if you visit it 'as a tourist'. You do miss a lot if you are taking things for granted.

Schmoo brought along a fisheye, which I hogged for quite a bit of the time :lol3 (sorry Schmoo, I'll fix it in post). I am still going through my photos, but I found this one. This is the garden of one of the churches, downtown:

296615621_RNkyU-L.jpg

C&C appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    That's a great shot....WELL DONEthumb.gif azzaro
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Cool thumb.gif

Is that a tripod I see next to the garden :D
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    I've had the pleasure and honor of having the lovely and talented Schmoo over for a few days. Among other things we visited Utrecht, my home city. I love the city, and I walk around there frequently. It's interesting to see though, how different the city is if you visit it 'as a tourist'. You do miss a lot if you are taking things for granted.

Schmoo brought along a fisheye, which I hogged for quite a bit of the time lol3.gif (sorry Schmoo, I'll fix it in post). I am still going through my photos, but I found this one. This is the garden of one of the churches, downtown:

C&C appreciated.

Hey there Ivar this is an awesome shot I love it clap.gifclap.gif
    I bet you guys had a blast shooting and playing tourist.

I love these old towns, and the architecture found there in iloveyou.gif

Beautiful shot Ivar, thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Location envy once again. :cry
    Like your composition. Very pleasing photo. Nice use of fisheye lens. thumb.gif
    My eyes want to seek out all the details. :D Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Great shot!

I have been to Holland a dozen times and have never seen the sky that funny color! I thought it was always uniformly gray?

Hope you had fun - where are the rest?

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Azzaro wrote:
    That's a great shot....WELL DONEthumb.gif azzaro
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Cool thumb.gif

Is that a tripod I see next to the garden :D
    Heheh, good eyes. Yes, it's a tripod, and it had some sort of small video-camera mounted to it, I think. It being in the shot bothers me immensely :D
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there Ivar this is an awesome shot I love it clap.gifclap.gif
    I bet you guys had a blast shooting and playing tourist.

I love these old towns, and the architecture found there in iloveyou.gif

Beautiful shot Ivar, thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Thanks, Skip :D We did have a great time, actually. Like I said, it was great being a tourist in my own town.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Location envy once again. :cry
    Like your composition. Very pleasing photo. Nice use of fisheye lens. thumb.gif
    My eyes want to seek out all the details. :D Michael
    Thanks for the compliment. There are plenty of details to look for in the buildings we have around here :D I really liked the fisheye. It my first go with a fishey, and I loved it. It's on my 'to buy (someday)' list lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    Great shot!

I have been to Holland a dozen times and have never seen the sky that funny color! I thought it was always uniformly gray?

Hope you had fun - where are the rest?

Z
    Winters mean a lot of gray skies, but summers a lot less gray usually (hopefully). Ask Schmoo, these were the only clouds she saw in the NL, I think :D

I'm still going through all my other shots, takes a bit of time and I'm back at work again as well :D I do have two of my dailies (yes, I need to upload the latest ones) with the fisheye and me & schmoo in them. May 13, May 14.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    I wouldn't let the tripod in the picture bother me. It doesn't really detract from a very well done photo. I don't do enough of this kind of work to warrant getting such a lens, but I do like the effects when done as well as this picture is.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    Aw no worries about using the lens. I'm so glad that you were able to get the Dgrin experience since you are located so far out in Europe. I've noticed that Dgrinners are always so generous about trading and sharing equipment and it makes me happy that you were enjoying that lens! And had the opportunity to shoot with fresh eyes. And sit. And drink tea. And eat cookies. And....

I do like the 8mm fisheye a lot because it's so darn wide, though I know Marc likes the Nikkor 16mm. Haven't done the reseach on that yet, but I'll fix it in post. :D

Thank you so much for being the world's best host! Next time Antarctica... (or Moab, whichever comes first.) I love this shot, and the other ones you put up! The weather was truly phenomenol, although I think even if it was cold and rainy we still would have found plenty to see and do. Utrecht gets bumped up on my list of awesome places. thumb.gif