Options

April 19 Results

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited April 24, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I spent this day of my life in a great company of 3 models, 2 MUAs and 1 very tall waterfall:-)

EDIT:
pics moved to the official thread:
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92088

Complete set, including "Behind the Scenes" coverage, can be found here: http://nik.smugmug.com/PhotoSoCal/501956

Thank you Diane's Beachware for the provided swimsuits!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Sweet eye candy Nick! bowdown.gif All are very well done... 6 & 7 are my favorites... very seductive look and expression on the model.

Winston
  • Options
    photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    April 19 for me...
    Images moved to the offical thread http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=815278#post815278
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 23, 2008
    My models are of the 2 and 4 legged kind plus I love to take pics of 'stuff'.... I spent the day at the stables where my lil one gets lessons. She was learning how to ride bareback for the first time.

This is Clementine...
    281966342_sBu5K-L-1.jpg

This is Pirate.....
    281970333_JCR5P-L.jpg

281801715_wcq7W-L-1.jpg

This is my lil one on Ghosty.....
    281801912_MmzjL-L-2.jpg

281968602_z9hg5-L.jpg
    Getting close up gives for an unusual perspective.....
    281802235_DiWCF-L-1.jpg

281802291_R6pBb-L-2.jpg

281802451_NMQoY-L-1.jpg

gotta love the bling.....
    281800467_YFyLt-L-1.jpg

And finally.....low light shooting......A totally random even in time....
    281800336_ofaqy-L-1.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the gallery you can find it here....
    http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/gallery/4754909_biVi8#281800336_ofaqy
  • Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    So you guys are not waiting for the "Big Reveal" date on Saturday, 4/26?headscratch.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    So you guys are not waiting for the "Big Reveal" date on Saturday, 4/26?headscratch.gif

Cuong

Heres the thing with me...I have set aside the time to go out to take the pics but its unfortunate that I didn't get the part where I would have to wait a week to post it before I even started. I will not be around this for the next few days and through the weekend.....I hope that this is acceptable since its not an "official" challenge. Click on!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    photoj wrote:
    My models were a bit younger but they were full of energy. We started the morning with two diffrent games but the weather got the best of the second game. As promised here is a look at my day. Some I just like, even though I could have done a better job taking it...some I choose for the expresions of the players and some are just good shots. Take a look and see what my day was like. As always CC welcome and desired.

If you want to see others from the day take a look at the gallery:
    http://www.ukvphotos.com/gallery/4755310_SULSd/1/281914353_v6cFt

PhotoJ

Love the expressions on these lil ones!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    I spent this day of my life in a great company of 3 models, 2 MUAs and 1 very tall waterfall:-)

Here are promised 10 pics. C&C is welcome and appreciated.

Complete set, including "Behind the Scenes" coverage, can be found here: http://nik.smugmug.com/PhotoSoCal/501956

Thank you Diane's Beachware for the provided swimsuits!

Nikolai...
    Looks like you had a great day. I like the compositions and the lighting in most of them. I think the contrast of shadows with the eyelashes are great and I get the artistic point to that. There is something about the lighting in the last two that I am not caring for. I think it might be a little too harsh.

On the closeups...I like the black and white but it might need just a tad tweekening on softening it up some. You can see the powder on her nose its so sharp. These are just my opinions. You are a great photographer!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Joyce, thanks for sharing your result with us. Maybe for the rest of us, who can wait till Saturday, we should use this thread to post instead of having Paul creating a new one. This way we don't have to jump around different threads to see all the results.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    OK, I can't wait either...

I started early morning at home, took a few shots of our animals while my Wife was working in the garden...

Our two minature Donkeys... "Jimmy and Stubby" (from left to right) Stuby had his name changed when one of our horses bit his tail off!
    283051942_4ZuhE-L.jpg

One of my Daughter's horses "Lilly" a three year old Appaloosa...
    "FEED ME"
    283050144_MTxSA-L.jpg

Farm auction season has arrived in south west Pennsylvania... I headed off to a Farm equipment and tool auction to see what I could get cheap! I didn't bid on anything but I got a few shots...

"The Old Timer Crew"
    283050634_AzNHa-L.jpg

"The Bid"
    283051074_Yewzp-L.jpg

"Might Just Bid on This One"
    283052325_UgM4C-L.jpg

"How'r your crops Doing"
    283051483_Eqeb6-L.jpg

"If Pa buys a tractor, better get this manual for it"
    283052704_CeDoN-XL.jpg

After the Auction I noticed there was activity at the Waynseboro Armory... U.S. Army National Guard, 2nd, 104th Cavalry...

"I'm Ready, when do we deploy?"
    283053498_R483f-L.jpg

"Ready for Action"
    283047532_vhxML-L.jpg

No Title
    283047891_eW9xR-L.jpg

And that's my 10... I decided to go B&W with all my shots, just for fun... Enjoy!

Winston
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    i will save mine for the coming saturday...they arnt qute as poping as nikolia's.

Nikolia, my favs are 1, 4 & 7, very nice in everyway i can think of.

#3, im not so liking, would/could you smooth out the skin textures around the arm pit area?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    i will save mine for the coming saturday...they arnt qute as poping as nikolia's.

I'm not sure Nikolai would apreciate you changing his gender mwink.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    #3, im not so liking, would/could you smooth out the skin textures around the arm pit area?
    I replaced #3, looks like many folks don't like the original:-)
    Thank you for commenting! thumb.gif
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    People are already putting their pics up, I downloaded mine last night and haven't even looked at all of them yet. Seems that I'm waaaaaaaay behind the curve.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    achambers wrote:
    People are already putting their pics up, I downloaded mine last night and haven't even looked at all of them yet. Seems that I'm waaaaaaaay behind the curve.
    You know what they say about the "early birders" .. mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    achambers wrote:

Don't worry, you have till have a couple more days. These guys are so anxious to share theirs that they can't wait till Saturday.

Cuong
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I'm not sure Nikolai would apreciate you changing his gender mwink.gif

im a freaking idiot......sorry....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Well be out all day saturday...
    Like many of you I will be out all day Saturday shooting, if I don't process them by mid-week then I will be behind come satuday. So when I saw the thread I went ahead and posted. Not to mention I promis the team parents to have the postings by the next game day when I can.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    jrnylstjrnylst Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Photoj, #9 and #10 are precious. JAG, what a great variety! VisualXpressions, the black and white really makes those pictures stand out, especially the good ol' boys.
    alias Snowcatcher, but still a jrnylst at heart
    http://snowcatcher.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Cuong wrote:

Cuong

ne_nau.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I'll be busy all day Saturday as well but I will just post on Sunday as I am still looking for 10 worthy of posting. headscratch.gif

Nik- Love #1 and #7 Rest just have too many shadows going on in the rest of them and the models seem out of place with the location. I think I know what you where going for but ne_nau.gif Were you using your new lights??

PhotoJ- cute stuff- #6 is a winner thumb.gif

Jag- Cool stuff- REALLY like the first shot of "Ghosty" with the dust.

Visual Expressions- Great PJ shoot. "Old Timer Crew" and "If Pa buys a tractor..." stand out. Love "Old Timer Crew" thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Nik- Love #1 and #7 Rest just have too many shadows going on in the rest of them and the models seem out of place with the location. I think I know what you where going for but ne_nau.gif Were you using your new lights??
    Thanks, Aaron! thumb.gif

The "out of place" was intentional :-) mwink.gif

Shadows: yeah, I hear ya... Due to some mishaps we were almost two hours late, so sun got out of the ridge I was counting on to be our big natural gobo . And you know how hard is to fight the midday sun ne_nau.gif

No, that was my old lights (sunpaks), I only gelled them with half CTO films from rosco kits I got from B&H (the famous $0.01 deal:-).
    You can see them (lights) in some of "Behind The Scenes" pics, and also here's a better view:

282368849_LzSiB-XL.jpg

Cheers! 1drink.gif
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    "The Big Reveal"
    First of all, for those who have already posted their "day in the life" pics...Great Photos! Certainly makes me look forward to seeing what other's have shot.

Second, No worries on having slipped out a few early reveals...it's all for fun anyway.

BUT - following the delayed gratification theory, I would like to encourage all those who have not yet revealed their photos to wait until I post "The Big Reveal" thread this coming Saturday the 26th.

And it would be great if those who have revealed would repost thier photos to the "The Big Reveal' thread after it is started so that we have all of the photos in the same place.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    First of all, for those who have already posted their "day in the life" pics...Great Photos! Certainly makes me look forward to seeing what other's have shot.

Second, No worries on having slipped out a few early reveals...it's all for fun anyway.

BUT - following the delayed gratification theory, I would like to encourage all those who have not yet revealed their photos to wait until I post "The Big Reveal" thread this coming Saturday the 26th.

And it would be great if those who have revealed would repost thier photos to the "The Big Reveal' thread after it is started so that we have all of the photos in the same place.

Thanks, Paul, once again, I'm sorry for breaking the rules. :whip
    Once your Official Revealing thread is up I will simply edit my own post and move my pics over there (so there is no double posting) and put a link to their new location instead. deal.gif
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:

The "out of place" was intentional :-) mwink.gif

I looked through the rest of the photos you have up. There are some really nice ones of these same two girls. I figured you were going for a certain 'look' do you feel you pulled off what you were invisioning??

Shoot - your back up lights are nicer than any lights I own (oh yeah I don't have any :cry )

As for the subject matter- what is better than attractive girls and a waterfall? rolleyes1.gif

You get some nice gigs my friend thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Oh My, good thing I read this thread to the end, cuz I was almost ready to post my pics.....Laughing.gif

Thanks Paul, I look forward to the Big Reveal.

Nik, I like your photos...but number 6 backside (dress/shoulder) area looks a little strange to me, it might be the lighting. I like #3, just find the hands could use a little softening......Nice Work! (I hope I got the pic numbers right).

Winston, love your b/w's, and I really like that "When Do We Deploy" and the "Hows your crops doing?" Nice Work Too!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I looked through the rest of the photos you have up. There are some really nice ones of these same two girls. I figured you were going for a certain 'look' do you feel you pulled off what you were invisioning??
    Yes and no. The whole thing was a bit of logistical nightmare (people from 100 miles radius, garments, timing, weather, light, etc.), so a lot of things "just happened". "The best laid plans...", you know...:-)
    But I'm still glad that I got what I got.
    Could it be done better? Absolutely!
    Worse? Very likely so, too.
    It may not have happened due to a numerous reasons..
    At least I learned a few things, that's for sure mwink.gif
    You get some nice gigs my friend thumb.gif
    Thank you! There are more coming, so stay tuned:-)
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    Nik, I like your photos...but number 6 backside (dress/shoulder) area looks a little strange to me, it might be the lighting. I like #3, just find the hands could use a little softening......Nice Work! (I hope I got the pic numbers right).
    Thanks!
    Yeah, #6 is the lighting...ne_nau.gif We were two hours late, sun came up from the ridge...