Options

i9900 Color Management Solved!

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 3, 2005 in Technique
OK, after 3 calls to Canon tech support and 3 different answers that didn't seem to make sense, I was able to find the answer over at FM.

Canon actually wrote the answer, and it's avalable as a pdf document here.

Canon Digital Photography Forums - Canon ICC Profile Guide - Something New for

I have been operating my printers incorrectly all along! It's absolutely amazing it printed anythng near the correct color.

I think they have an idiot detector in the printer, so when the detector is activated the printer goes on auto mode, and can't be switched until the idiot leaves. I always wonderd what that beeping sound was. :D

While the ato mode is very good ( and I might end up using it the marjority of the time) I now have understanding, and options. Yahoo.....

Sam

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    clap.gif Excellent! I just bought a used Canon printer for myself, I hope to learn from your experience.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    TOF guyTOF guy Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Congrats clap.gif !

Mind you, I've posted this answer right here ...

Enjoy your profiled printer !

Thierry
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Sam, one note about this that i believe is correct. With my i9900 software I have to reset the manual feature under color adjustment each time I print. Not for each print, but for each session. I don't have the i9900 as my default printer. I would check this out before printing to see if your settings persist.
    Thanks for the link to this article. It is very helpful.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Sam, one note about this that i believe is correct. With my i9900 software I have to reset the manual feature under color adjustment each time I print. Not for each print, but for each session. I don't have the i9900 as my default printer. I would check this out before printing to see if your settings persist.
    Thanks for the link to this article. It is very helpful.
    Yes, I believe you are right about this. This is not an issue because this dialog box is avilable through the normal sequence of printing through Photoshop, and I think it's a good idea to double check ALL settings prior to printing.

The biggie here is to know what drivers / profiles, and setting you are using in order to make any adjustments that may be nessasary, and to not double color manage.

Sam
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2005
    TOF guy wrote:
    Congrats clap.gif !

Mind you, I've posted this answer right here ...

Enjoy your profiled printer !

Thierry
    I posted a question hear about this issue and it seemed no one knew the answer, so I expanded my quest. I do need to remember to use the search function here. :D But I did want to give credit with regard to where I found the answer, and to pass the info along.

AH!!!!! I see......Your post now makes more sense to me! You posted your answer to my help request just after I posed this solution thread. I didn't see it untill now, and thought you ment you had posted about this subject previous to now. DUH!

Thanks for the answer. If I don't always say it I allways appreciate the time and effort people take to help me.

Sam
  • Options
    TOF guyTOF guy Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    You posted your answer to my help request just after I posed this solution thread.
    Looks like indeed you posted this thread while I was typing the answer !
    sam wrote:
    Thanks for the answer. If I don't always say it I allways appreciate the time and effort people take to help me.
    You've taken the time to post what you've found, that's very cool too ! :D

Thierry