edited March 17, 2008 in Landscapes
From a recent trip..

2ndset-2450.jpg

2ndset-2333.jpg

2ndset-2431.jpg

2ndset-2130.jpg

2ndset-2340.jpg

2ndset-1818.jpg

Weather was generally against me but it cleared up just long enough to grab a few shots on Glencoe

cheers

waveney

Comments

• Options
    kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    nice shots! I love #4 especially! iloveyou.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Lovely!! Thanks for sharing (the photos as well as your hiking/shooting tips for the workshop)

:D
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    :cry

Thing is... I need money to go. I like the last one where the sunrays are hitting that lpillar structure!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Nice set. So serene. That is on my list of places to go before I die. I think the last one could have used to not center the tower so much but its so nice who cares. :D
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2008
    Big thumbs up on #4. Great shot, great angle.

#1 and #3 look blown out to me? Or, I should say, they look really "hot" and if that's the exposure the camera picked at sunrise you should have adjusted it. They looked washed out and flat and largely colorless.
  • Options
    FrogwellFrogwell Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Great shots waveney! Looks like you had a wall of sleet moving in from the west at Glenfinnan while taking that photo. thumb.gif
    I didn't sell out, I bought in.
    www.frogwell.com
  • Options
    Hyllmark92Hyllmark92 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    First thing that strikes me are that they could be photos that comes with the computer( don't know what they are called.. ;P )
    I love them, specially the one with the stones!
    Smile
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    These are great, except now I see I am going to need to go back in winterwings.gif Thank you for your words of wisdom concerning our upcoming visit. I have been swept away by "flying things" in Alaska and really dont find it very relaxing. However, I have used various solutions to keep the pests away and will usually try just about anything including boiling tareek7.gif but your rec sounds better, thank you for thatbowdown.gif
    Your images are a stark contrast to what I have seen thus far of the area. Most of the work is done in summer or so it appears and the skies are dark. Winter has a way of cleaning everything up, guess it is the white snow and clear air. Scotland appears to have plentiful unobstructed landscapes, which is the main reason I wanted to conduct a workshop there, well ok maybe the scotch had a little to do with the decisionrolleyes1.gif In your opinion, did you find acres and acres of undeveloped landscape?
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    These are great
    keep posting
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    erickerick Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    number 4 is the best one for me !
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Beautiful scenery!
    Chris
  • Options
    MCoupeFanMCoupeFan Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2008
    #4 is spectacular. I also like the last one...One small suggestion (if I mat) would be to selectively darken the sky a bit and really make those rays pop!
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2008
    I agree with the general consensus, the fourth is awesome, and I also like the last one as well. The composition on the other ones are solid, but they would really pop out with some better light near dawn or dusk. There is definitely a huge amount of potential at those locations.