• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Gear Digital Darkroom Canon Error Code 5010...

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb-17-2008, 09:38 AM
#1
SavedByZero is offline SavedByZero OP
Is ready to get ready..
SavedByZero's Avatar
Canon Error Code 5010...
The setup:
So the local CompUSA is going out of business and I picked up a new PIXMA MP600 unit for $89.99, awesome deal for what it is. However upon plugging it in duing the initial set up it gave me the Error Code 5010 in the LCD. I googled it, went on Canon's support site but it seems this is a wide spread problem and very few know what to do other then swapping it out. Well I can't as all sales were final so here's the meat of the post.

The question:
I will be bring it to an autherized Canon repair facility but do you think they'll fix it or will I have to wait for it to be sent to Canon and swapped out for another one or the newer MP610??

Is Error Code 5010 the kiss of Death to my unused MP600....
__________________
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] Then I see the edge I look I fall[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] And I get deeper and deeper[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] The more I see the more I fall no place to hide[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] You better take the call I get deeper and deeper...The Fixx[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/FONT]
Old Feb-19-2008, 09:40 AM
#2
SavedByZero is offline SavedByZero OP
Is ready to get ready..
SavedByZero's Avatar
Okay so it was the kiss of death error code, something to do with the flat bed scanner. Canon is shipping out a refurb unit of the same model for free, should get it in 3 days, and it comes with a prepaid lable to return my broken one. And I still have the whole factory warrenty for the replacement one.

All in all it seems to be worth it knowing the savings I got on the unit in the first place.
__________________
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] Then I see the edge I look I fall[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] And I get deeper and deeper[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] The more I see the more I fall no place to hide[/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] You better take the call I get deeper and deeper...The Fixx[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/FONT]
Old Feb-19-2008, 10:04 AM
#3
xris is offline xris
Assignment Grinner
xris's Avatar
Cool2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedByZero
Okay so it was the kiss of death error code, something to do with the flat bed scanner. Canon is shipping out a refurb unit of the same model for free, should get it in 3 days, and it comes with a prepaid lable to return my broken one. And I still have the whole factory warrenty for the replacement one.

All in all it seems to be worth it knowing the savings I got on the unit in the first place.
Sounds pretty cool. I've never had a problem with Canon products. And Canon drivers always seem that much more 'together' than either HP or Epson.

I sure wish Canon would support the CD printing function built into these printers, though. I don't like the idea of having to use the European driver when I'm already getting great results with the local version. I'm afraid it
might mess things up!
__________________
[FONT=Book Antiqua]X [/FONT]www.thepicturetaker.ca [FONT=Book Antiqua]
[/FONT]
Old Feb-20-2008, 12:01 PM
#4
Jane B. is offline Jane B.
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Sounds pretty cool. I've never had a problem with Canon products. And Canon drivers always seem that much more 'together' than either HP or Epson.

I sure wish Canon would support the CD printing function built into these printers, though. I don't like the idea of having to use the European driver when I'm already getting great results with the local version. I'm afraid it
might mess things up!
I am in the same boat with an iP6000D that I have heard can be modified and the European driver used to get the CD printing but have not done so. Have you? How did it turn out? How hard was it actually?
Thanks
Jane B.
Old Feb-20-2008, 01:51 PM
#5
xris is offline xris
Assignment Grinner
xris's Avatar
Cool2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane B.
I am in the same boat with an iP6000D that I have heard can be modified and the European driver used to get the CD printing but have not done so. Have you? How did it turn out? How hard was it actually?
Thanks
Jane B.
Well, as I said I'm reticent to change my drivers and break something. So, no. I haven't actually made the move. I have confirmed that the mechanical, CD-handling, features are already there on my two Canon printers. But I still have to order a CD tray and then do the driver thing: if a decide to go for it. I may do it on the printer I'm not using, just as a test. But that means a hundred bucks worth of ink, just to test!
__________________
[FONT=Book Antiqua]X [/FONT]www.thepicturetaker.ca [FONT=Book Antiqua]
[/FONT]
Old Apr-08-2008, 02:53 AM
#6
Nikthomas is offline Nikthomas
Beginner grinner
Sad Error
Hey guys, I live in England, Europe and my MP600 came with a CD tray, i presume it had europe drivers and tis all working fine... But..... i have now received the error 5010 and i bought the printer over a year ago

I have informed canon and am waiting a reply...
Tell The World!  

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump