Options

FS: 58mm Hoya Moose's Warming Circular Polarizing Filter

S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited February 16, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLD I'm selling my 58mm Hoya Moose's Warming Circular Polarizer, since I don't have any lenses in 58mm size anymore.
It was included with a lens I bought last month and I never used it. It's in excellent shape, no scratches, perfect threads, oily smooth rotating rim. However, the original hard case is not included, but the filter will be very well packed.
Asking $25 shipped in the U.S. (Price Dropped from $30) SOLD
Here's some information on why this filter is "so special":

"HOYA, in collaboration with respected wildlife photographer B. Moose Peterson have created a circular polarizing filter that uses 81A optical glass. Traditional linear polarizers will cause exposure errors do to their light absorption properties. Circular polarizers yield the same optical effect while not causing exposure problems with modern metering systems. For many years, polarizers have been used to remove reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water and glass as well as being used to darken blue skies to increase contrast in scenic photography. A side effect of both linear and circular polarizes is they “cool down” or make the over-all color balance of a scene slightly bluish. The addition of the 81A glass corrects the color temperature, bringing the scene back to the original 5500K for daylight film’s color balance. The 81A glass creates a much more pleasing and “warm” color balance to the entire scene while the circular polarizer increases color contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric haze."

Pic:
IMG_1224.JPG
Sam