Options

Lago Peten Itza, Guatemala

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited February 6, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is just a few pictures that never made it into the post in Journeys so I thought I would just put them in a quick post here.

I spent some good time on this dock swimming and just lounging about with a good book.
250994592-L.jpg

So heres me taking a flying leap off the dock. Wahhhooo
250994797-L.jpg

Another one of me..since there arent so many. :) Sitting outside the house of "Fat Man" where he sold chocolate covered bananas and pineapple for 1 queztal. Or about 15 cents.
250996730-L.jpg

and a nice look through the palms of Lake Peten Itza
250996791-L.jpg

Sunset on the lake
251002413-L.jpg

Taking a night boat to go visit our friend David in the hospital. He was mugged and pushed over a wall.
251002873-L.jpg

Here is the Ocelot as he pulls the chicken through the fence. Just for Doc!
250998283-L.jpg

Our home away from home. The volunteer Castle.
250998866-L.jpg

We (Paul, his wife Winky, and I) took a horse riding tour through the countryside. It was a real fun time.
251000049-L.jpg

The town of Flores through the trees. This Guatemalan town reminds me a lot of Spanish or Italian towns.
251000948-L.jpg

and one last one of this really beautiful lake. The water always seemed so calm.
251001734-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 5, 2008
    An ocelot!!! wings.gif

Keep working on that upside down leaping thing, you'll fit right in down here. lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    Looks like you had alot of fun...as for the dock...I'm be sitting there to reading a book and just kickin' back. It looks so peaceful.

Thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    Nice shots of a place I've never seen!

Re: the dock, you always end up defying gravity in some way, even if there aren't any mountains in the immediate vicinity. :D
  • Options
    300m300m Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    Very nice shots and it looks peacefull. Me on the dock would be with my daughter saying come on dad lets jump again :D
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Nice shots of a place I've never seen!

Re: the dock, you always end up defying gravity in some way, even if there aren't any mountains in the immediate vicinity. :D

Thanks schmoo! Ill admit though I jumped with no idea what I was going to do to "make it look cool" hehe so I landed flat on my side and got a bit of red going heh.