Options

Ice Luminary on Lake of the Isles

pthorpepthorpe Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited February 3, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Minneapolis, Minnesota: As part of The City of Lakes Loppet (a cross-country ski event) 800 Ice Luminaries, some of them 10 feet tall form a path on the lake. I started taking photos from daylight to the candle lighting to the dark of night on the north end of Lake of the Isles. Cross country skiers are caught moving in and out of the shots in most interesting ways. A shake of the camera produced an unexpected "laser" light show.

250236672-L.jpg

250254391-L.jpg

250245009-L.jpg

250247137-L.jpg
Thoughts become things ... pick the good ones!

www.digitallifephotography.com

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    pthorpe wrote:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota: As part of The City of Lakes Loppet (a cross-country ski event) 800 Ice Luminaries, some of them 10 feet tall form a path on the lake. I started taking photos from daylight to the candle lighting to the dark of night on the north end of Lake of the Isles. Cross country skiers are caught moving in and out of the shots in most interesting ways. A shake of the camera produced an unexpected "laser" light show.

Hi Peter, the Ice lights look great clap.gif
    I like the first two shots the most.

Bet they looked awesome in real life.
    Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Those are beautiful. My son just kept staring at them. Thank you for sharing.
    **Taking the moments one shot at a time**
    ~Working with my Nikon D80~
    <My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>