Options

Second (and third, and fourth.......) thoughts

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited January 18, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
At the moment I have "Nessy" entered...but I'm having second thoughts. I had another idea I'd love to run with, but life won't allow me to take the time on setting it up this week....So, I have other images that I took thinking about this competition at the same time I shot "Nessy" But, my brain is fried and can't decide if any of these have potential or not.....help me out please......any of these worthy?

This is what happens when I spend two days at Disneyland, just me and my camera....haha

Which one....why? Thanks!

1. Nessy (current entry)
241850371-S.jpg

2. Baby's Got Blue Eyes (Color)
241855350-M-1.jpg

3. Baby's Got Blue Eyes (Selective Color)
244333405-M.jpg

4. Three Wishes (Color)
244322606-M-1.jpg

5. Three Wishes (BW)
244322577-M-1.jpg

6. A Goofy Thought
244322270-M-2.jpg

7. Up, Up, and Away
244322449-M.jpg

8. Untitled
244322564-M.jpg

9. Cave of Wonders
244323036-M-1.jpg
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Any of these worthy? 18 votes

Stick with Current Entry....Nessy....Go with Loch Ness
11% 2 votes
Baby's Got Blue Eyes COLOR
16% 3 votes
Baby's Got Blue Eyes SELECTIVE COLOR
11% 2 votes
Three Wishes COLOR
22% 4 votes
Three Wishes BW
0% 0 votes
A Goofy Thought
5% 1 vote
Up, Up, and Away
16% 3 votes
Untitled
11% 2 votes
Cave Of Wonders
5% 1 vote
None of above, go back to the drawing board
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited January 17, 2008
    OK, I don't feel so bad....you all can't make up your mind either...:D almost everyone has a different favorite. It would help me tremendously if you posted why you like one image above the others.

I'm in the midst of getting ready for my first Bridal Show this weekend (that I only had one week's notice on) so I'm a bit stressedeek7.gif at the moment my brain's not working.

I value all of your opinions, especially when my brain stops functioning!
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    I voted for Nessy. It's different and will stand out for that fact as well as just being a good shot.

The pictures of the baby are nice, but nothing that would say to the viewer/judges "Pick this one".

The ones of Aladdin are a good idea, but I don't care for how blown out the hand area is, especially since they are the theme this round.

The Goofy statue is a well taken picture, good focus and nice back ground blur, but has a family snap shot feel to it.

The balloons just reminds me of the entry a few rounds back with the hand releasing the balloons into the sky.

I really like the untitled one with the bird. The actor's expression is great and I like the lighting and composition as well, so I'd also consider that as a good option, but the poll was only for one vote. :D

The Cave of Wonders could be a cool location, but the poor lighting made it too blurry for my taste.

Hope this all helps and good luck. I've still pretty much got nothing...:cry
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2008
    Debboggy wrote:
    I voted for Nessy. It's different and will stand out for that fact as well as just being a good shot.

The ones of Aladdin are a good idea, but I don't care for how blown out the hand area is, especially since they are the theme this round.

I really like the untitled one with the bird. The actor's expression is great and I like the lighting and composition as well, so I'd also consider that as a good option, but the poll was only for one vote. :D

Hope this all helps and good luck. I've still pretty much got nothing...:cry

I liked Nessy when I took it....figured it would be different.

I love the ones with the lamp...but thanks to stage lighting when he moved his hands into the light....blown.....

The untitled one I thought was a great facial expression. The actor was great. Is the expression enough to draw people to his face to meet the theme??

The votes on the poll show no clear front runner. Would really love to hear others opinions.....Thanks!!
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page