Options

Some random macro shots of crystal surfaces

NanoNano Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Holy Macro
I was bored today and wanting to shoot, but all day it rained here in vancouver. So i pulled out some of my crystals, including celestiate , smokey quartz, botroydal tourmaline.
So i was shooting today without a flash and playing around with diffusing the light, or leaving the shutter open for a longer period of time to bring up the light.

Let me know your thoughts, feel free to critique i know these shots are no where near the quality of what some of you are posting, but am eager to learn.

Nano

Comments

• Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    not sure how to load more than one image into a post. but i will just reply with the next photo.

nano
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    and another
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    a shot of celestiate same as the previous one
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    a quartz with some type of rust or metal .
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    some cats eye tourmaline
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Like #2 and #4 where the lighting looks good, the others seem to lack impact possibly because of lighting. I've never tried photographing crystal forms like this so I don't know the difficulties involved.

Brian V.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Nano wrote:
    I was bored today and wanting to shoot, but all day it rained here in vancouver. So i pulled out some of my crystals, including celestiate , smokey quartz, botroydal tourmaline.
    So i was shooting today without a flash and playing around with diffusing the light, or leaving the shutter open for a longer period of time to bring up the light.

Let me know your thoughts, feel free to critique i know these shots are no where near the quality of what some of you are posting, but am eager to learn.

Nano

Hi Nano, the way you added your images to the same thread is the right way to do it when your using the "attachment" method clap.gif

I used to collect Fossils and Crystals too, I still have a very small collection.
    I have not tried to shoot them like you have either.

They look quite different close, especially when you can see more detail.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Nano wrote:
    not sure how to load more than one image into a post. but i will just reply with the next photo.

nano

That's exactly how you add more shots thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin