Options

Pre-Wedding Candid

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited January 8, 2008 in People
A really close friend of the family got married over the Christmas weekend. I was in charge of taking pictures of all the girls getting ready (hair and make-up) until the "real" photog showed up... (yes it's in quotes and that's a whole other story).

Anyway... here is the bride to be, having make-up an hair done. Let me know what you think.

239802874-L.jpg

C&C always welcome and encouraged.

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    i like the bokeh and the lighting in this photo! thumb.gif

to be nitpicky: It's very tight and centered (the eyes) and somehow i'm not sure about the mouth, she seems to keep it closed stiff and it shows. Still its a nice photo and i think she would like it clap.gif

greets!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2008
    i like the bokeh and the lighting in this photo! thumb.gif

to be nitpicky: It's very tight and centered (the eyes) and somehow i'm not sure about the mouth, she seems to keep it closed stiff and it shows. Still its a nice photo and i think she would like it clap.gif

greets!

Thanks for the comment Chris :)

I agree with it being centered a tad... maybe i'll crop it a bit to bring the eyes up to the upper third...

In regards to her mouth being closed and stiff, it's her personality. It's the "What do you want with that camera in my face" face :)

Thanks again for the comment.

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    OK,

You don't just leave it like that! What's the "whole other story"?

Sam
  • Options
    stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    LiquidOps wrote:
    In regards to her mouth being closed and stiff, it's her personality. It's the "What do you want with that camera in my face" face :)

In that vein, the first thing that popped into my mind was how you could tell the subject shared a level of intimacy with the photographer ~ the hint of familiarity (spelling headscratch.gif ?) in her eyes and expression make it great. Not bad for a "pseudo-" rolleyes1.gif photographer, I hope your shots gave the "real" one a run for his or her money!
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2008
    stirfry wrote:
    In that vein, the first thing that popped into my mind was how you could tell the subject shared a level of intimacy with the photographer ~ the hint of familiarity (spelling headscratch.gif ?) in her eyes and expression make it great. Not bad for a "pseudo-" rolleyes1.gif photographer, I hope your shots gave the "real" one a run for his or her money!

Thank you for the comments. There was definately a connection between her and I. She's like another sister.

Not really sure I gave the "real" photog a run for her money. She was hired/paid, so I kindly bowed out when she showed up as a sign of respect to let her do her job.

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    edited January 8, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    OK,

You don't just leave it like that! What's the "whole other story"?

Sam

hahaha...

yeah... about that....

It was just quite funny... The "hired" photog was actually a bit late. I got their early with my wife (she was the matron of honor). I figured i'd get there and capture the "pre-wedding" stuff before the hired photog got there. I pretty much coverd most of it (minus the girls changing and bride getting her dress on part). The hired photog showed up after all the other girls had already had their hair and make-up done.

It was just pretty funny when she walked in and saw me taking pictures. I mean, I didn't exactly have a point and shoot. I think she felt threatend at first (it was actually somewhat of a good feeling on my part). hehe.

But when it was time for her to do what she was paid for, i kindly stepped aside and let her do her thing. Just the respect I would expect in return if I was in that same spot.

I did however sneak in a few more shots while she went up stairs. hehehe

Steven
    MM Portfolio