Options

Newlywed needs help

RufusShawRufusShaw Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I believe there must be a soluton for what I'd like to do, but I have not been able to achieve it. I have recently gotten married, ( http://tinyurl.com/2z7mt7 ) and my wife started using my smugmug account as a family photo album. So, she has asked that I get rid of two galleries of old girlfriend photos. I would like to creat a gallery that can only be accessed via a URL, kind of like a secret gallery ( my wife, by the way approves of my doing this :-)). The idea is to have a galery that can be seen by me or anyone, signed in or not, unless you have the specific URL address.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rufus

Rufusshaw.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    RufusShaw wrote:
    I believe there must be a soluton for what I'd like to do, but I have not been able to achieve it. I have recently gotten married, ( http://tinyurl.com/2z7mt7 ) and my wife started using my smugmug account as a family photo album. So, she has asked that I get rid of two galleries of old girlfriend photos. I would like to creat a gallery that can only be accessed via a URL, kind of like a secret gallery ( my wife, by the way approves of my doing this :-)). The idea is to have a galery that can be seen by me or anyone, signed in or not, unless you have the specific URL address.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rufus

Rufusshaw.smugmug.com
    In each of those galleries make them private under "customize gallery" then
    only a direct link will work and they won't show on any browse page.

You will see them logged in but not logged out.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 5, 2008
    As Allen said, making the galleries private is the answer.

But if they are in your way when you're logged in (as in they are in a category with other galleries and they "jump out" at you and your wife) - you might want to consider putting them in a category of their own. Maybe a custom category called "old photos".

--- Denise