Options

Bound Photo Books- who's good? who's bad? who's best?

funnibunnifunnibunni Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited January 7, 2008 in The Big Picture
Hey all!

Have any of you had any experience with companies that create those leather bound books where you can place your pictures or whatever you want on the pages? And if so, would you mind sharing which company it was, and if you were satisfied with the quality of photos and the overall products results?

....especially if your experience was negative, so i know who to avoid.

Details are GREAT, but if you're low on time, even just the website's name and a yay or nay would be helpful.

Know what I means, jellybeans?

It's a personal project, but if you've done this for professional reasons, i'd like to hear about that also.

Thanks....ANY info is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    I have used photoworks and I have been pleased with the quality of the prints. They are expensive, but the quality is there. I am thinking of using Blurb for my next project just to see how there quality matches up because I have a bigger book to make.
  • Options
    iodphotographyiodphotography Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    funnibunni wrote:
    Hey all!

Have any of you had any experience with companies that create those leather bound books where you can place your pictures or whatever you want on the pages? And if so, would you mind sharing which company it was, and if you were satisfied with the quality of photos and the overall products results?

....especially if your experience was negative, so i know who to avoid.

Details are GREAT, but if you're low on time, even just the website's name and a yay or nay would be helpful.

Know what I means, jellybeans?

It's a personal project, but if you've done this for professional reasons, i'd like to hear about that also.

Thanks....ANY info is greatly appreciated.

So this is on the less expensive end of the spectrum, but i've tried Snapfish (so-so quality) and MyPublisher (pretty darn nice for the money, especially with a buy one get one free coupon.) MyPublisher isn't quite as user friendly, though.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Run a search here for "two new book places"--there's a looooong thread about this.