Options

Texas Bluebonnets?

bmannbmann Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 25, 2008 in Location, Location, Location!
Ok, I've only been in Texas a little under 3 years and with Spring lurking just around the corner, would love to know if there are any good areas around Dallas/ Ft Worth for the Bluebonnets? I already have potential and returning clients asking to have portraits done in the middle of a bluebonnet field so I thought I might want to start gathering info now. If at all possible I'd prefer it not to be in the interstate median..lol. ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    bmann wrote:
    Ok, I've only been in Texas a little under 3 years and with Spring lurking just around the corner, would love to know if there are any good areas around Dallas/ Ft Worth for the Bluebonnets? I already have potential and returning clients asking to have portraits done in the middle of a bluebonnet field so I thought I might want to start gathering info now. If at all possible I'd prefer it not to be in the interstate median..lol. ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

That's a hilarious image, and I hope it doesn't come to that! :D

I'll move this to the Locations forum. thumb.gif
  • Options
    george-1george-1 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    bmann wrote:

Lots of photos are taken on highway right-of-ways, the flowers do well there.

Look for prarie-type parks af fields.

I know a few places around Austin, but that doesn't help much if you are in the Metromess.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    If you drive a bit east toward Tyler, the plains open a up a bit, so you might have better luck a short way outside DFW proper. I lived in Texas for so long, but I don't recall seeing these puppies anywhere other than the highway medians. :D
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    If you drive a bit east toward Tyler, the plains open a up a bit, so you might have better luck a short way outside DFW proper. I lived in Texas for so long, but I don't recall seeing these puppies anywhere other than the highway medians. :D

lol, it figures. oh well I just hope i can learn to dodge traffic! actually i took a client to Fredericksburg last year to Wildseed Farms to do photos in their flower fields. GORGEOUS! I told my husband last night that when we move to a bigger house so I can have an in-home studio that we had to have a huge backyard too so i could landscape and not have to traipse all over creation..lol ya know, i don't think he thought i was serious because he just cocked his head sideways and said, "yea sure, ok. ya want a butler to go with that?"
  • Options
    wapitiwapiti Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2008
    In a good year, and that's currently uncertain as the fall was very dry, you cannot beat the area from Buchanan Dam, to LLano, to Mason, to Fredericksburg, and back to LLano[the heart of the Texas Hill Country]. I know that's quite a distance from DFW area, but photographers from all over the nation make this tour. You will often find workshop participants working this area in early April. You will also find flowers in areas other than highway right of ways.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2008
    wapiti wrote:
    In a good year, and that's currently uncertain as the fall was very dry, you cannot beat the area from Buchanan Dam, to LLano, to Mason, to Fredericksburg, and back to LLano[the heart of the Texas Hill Country]. I know that's quite a distance from DFW area, but photographers from all over the nation make this tour. You will often find workshop participants working this area in early April. You will also find flowers in areas other than highway right of ways.

That's awesome! Thanks!