Options

Microsoft Photo Story 3 Generated Video Not Recognized

NelsonChenPhotographyNelsonChenPhotography Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited December 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have been building the slideshows using Microsoft Photo Story 3 which creates *.wmv files. I am not sure what format it uses but VitualDub complains "ASF file not supported" when it tries to open the wmv file.

Even if the wmv file is under 5 minutes, it is not recognized by Smugmug. The files are uploaded by nothing appears.

Once the file is converted to other formats such as MS MPEG4 V2 and saved as *.avi, the upload succeeds but the quality suffers by the conversion.

Has anyone tried uploading the wmv file created by MS Photo Story 3? Were you successful?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    I have been building the slideshows using Microsoft Photo Story 3 which creates *.wmv files. I am not sure what format it uses but VitualDub complains "ASF file not supported" when it tries to open the wmv file.

Even if the wmv file is under 5 minutes, it is not recognized by Smugmug. The files are uploaded by nothing appears.

Once the file is converted to other formats such as MS MPEG4 V2 and saved as *.avi, the upload succeeds but the quality suffers by the conversion.

Has anyone tried uploading the wmv file created by MS Photo Story 3? Were you successful?
    Have you seen this post?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    NelsonChenPhotographyNelsonChenPhotography Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Have you seen this post?
    Thank you for the quick reply and link. I went through the thread but for some readon I missed the crucial one.

Thank you!