• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Oct-31-2007, 10:50 AM
clgnemesis is offline clgnemesis OP
Big grins
Splash page
I spent most of yesterday getting the new flash slideshow up and getting my site back to its old self. What I want now is to put a splash page with a imbedded video and a couple of links. I already have a home page and gallery page and I am confused as to how to put this splash page in front of the other two. I am using the Bio method for the slideshow on my home page . Here is my page: www.carlgarnerphotography.com
Old Oct-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by clgnemesis
I spent most of yesterday getting the new flash slideshow up and getting my site back to its old self. What I want now is to put a splash page with a imbedded video and a couple of links. I already have a home page and gallery page and I am confused as to how to put this splash page in front of the other two. I am using the Bio method for the slideshow on my home page . Here is my page: www.carlgarnerphotography.com
Well I guess I'll try and talk myself through this. I think I can start with a 1 picture gallery with a video embedded in the comment. Which works and I have done before. Still my challenge is how do I direct my traffic there first? hmm....

Last edited by clgnemesis; Oct-31-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old Oct-31-2007, 04:27 PM
brandofamily is offline brandofamily
Just a Guy with a Camera
Quote:
Well I guess I'll try and talk myself through this. I think I can start with a 1 picture gallery with a video embedded in the comment. Which works and I have done before. Still my challenge is how do I direct my traffic there first? hmm....
why do you want to direct your traffic there 1st? You can put the slideshow in any gallery very easily... I'm certain we can get a video to run in the bio box... althoughI have not tried yet...
Use this link to save on a subscription to Smugmug: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=8jDMwxj6yp4f2
Old Oct-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandofamily
why do you want to direct your traffic there 1st? You can put the slideshow in any gallery very easily... I'm certain we can get a video to run in the bio box... althoughI have not tried yet...
ok I am all ears!! how would I do that. I will certainly try the video in the bio box thin tonight. but I dont know how I would get the new slideshow in the gallery.
Old Oct-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Just a Guy with a Camera
Quote:
ok I am all ears!! how would I do that. I will certainly try the video in the bio box thin tonight. but I dont know how I would get the new slideshow in the gallery.
take the code from the bio box and put it in the albumndescription area... I did it here (along w/ my other code of course)
http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/1595381
Use this link to save on a subscription to Smugmug: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=8jDMwxj6yp4f2
Old Oct-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Just a Guy with a Camera
Quote:
I tried it quickly using a piece of video clip code from one of my galleries and it works fine in bio box...
Old Oct-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Big grins
Quote:
take the code from the bio box and put it in the albumndescription area... I did it here (along w/ my other code of course)
http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/1595381
ok that was painless!!! I got the slideshow up. I ultimately want to put some text to the side just like you did. Can you explain how you did that?
Old Oct-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Big grins
Quote:
I tried it quickly using a piece of video clip code from one of my galleries and it works fine in bio box...
Wow I didnt think this was going to be that easy. I got the video on the home page. now I need to suppress everything else, add a little text and maybe a overlay or frame for the video (if I'm being ambitious).. Thanks for your help so far.
Old Nov-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Just a Guy with a Camera
Quote:
ok that was painless!!! I got the slideshow up. I ultimately want to put some text to the side just like you did. Can you explain how you did that?
it's all html code using divs to locate... wrap the text in a div id (probably below the slideshow code) then use CSS to move it up and over...
Old Nov-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Big grins
Quote:
it's all html code using divs to locate... wrap the text in a div id (probably below the slideshow code) then use CSS to move it up and over...
It looks like I'll need some help here I put a div around my text gave it a container, but how do I make go to the right side of the slideshow? have a look ... http://carlgarnerphotography.smugmug...allery/3750910
Old Nov-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
It looks like I'll need some help here I put a div around my text gave it a container, but how do I make go to the right side of the slideshow? have a look ... http://carlgarnerphotography.smugmug...allery/3750910
Try this

#welcome_txt {
position: relative;
width: 200px;
top: -550px;
left: 620px;
}
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Nov-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
Try this

#welcome_txt {
}
Thanks Allen!
another question? The first line is its own paragraph but I got all aquished together even though there is a return in the text in the div. any Ideas?
Old Nov-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Thanks Allen!
another question? The first line is its own paragraph but I got all aquished together even though there is a return in the text in the div. any Ideas?
Add these in bold around the paragraph.

<p>Welcome to Ingenious Imagery by Carl Garner Photography.</p>

You can try a few variations on the text also.

#welcome_txt {
font-family: Comic Sans MS, verdana;
font-size: 110%;

}

#welcome_txt p {
font-weight: bold;
}

Also center the description box by switching to journal style under customize gallery.
And remove the breadcrumb nav.

.gallery_3750910 #breadcrumb {display:none;}
Old Nov-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
Add these in bold around the paragraph.

<p>Welcome to Ingenious Imagery by Carl Garner Photography.</p>

You can try a few variations on the text also.

#welcome_txt {
font-family: Comic Sans MS, verdana;
font-size: 110%;

}

#welcome_txt p {
font-weight: bold;
}

Also center the description box by switching to journal style under customize gallery.
And remove the breadcrumb nav.

Thanks again Allen your help has been greatly appreciated! On my home page which is set up tpo be a "splash" page I need an enter link. This should be linked to gallery_3750910. Can I turn off the navbar on the spash page too? Thanks in advance!!
Old Nov-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Thanks again Allen your help has been greatly appreciated! On my home page which is set up tpo be a "splash" page I need an enter link. This should be linked to gallery_3750910. Can I turn off the navbar on the spash page too? Thanks in advance!!
Sure can, add the bold.

.gallery_3750910 #navcontainer,
Tell The World!