• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Video Support The SmugMug Video Help Thread

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Closed Thread
Page 1  of  33
1 2 3 4 5 11 Last »
Old Oct-31-2007, 05:49 AM
Andy is offline Andy OP
Bicameral
Cool2 The SmugMug Video Help Thread

Nov 9, 2007: SmugMug is out with the awesome H.264 video format that works on both the web and consumer devices (like the iPhone).

SmugMug's video help section should answer most questions. This thread is is for the gnarly ones.

UPDATE: Feb 25, 2008 - we have a new Video Forum! Check it out if you need help creating & editing your masterpiece, want to talk video gear and shooting tips, and more
Old Nov-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Mike Lane is offline Mike Lane
I � Unicode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
SmugMug is out with the awesome H.264 video format that works on both the web and consumer devices (like the iPhone).

SmugMug's video help section should answer most questions. This thread is is for the gnarly ones.
Hey! I know those two!

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
Old Nov-09-2007, 12:48 AM
richW is offline richW
SmugMug QA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lane
Hey! I know those two!
I'm sure the 'little one' has one of the best looking sites on SmugMug.
Old Nov-09-2007, 12:52 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Hey! When Did You Add H.264 Support!!!?!?!?! Halloween??? Why Wasn't This Shouted From The Rooftops Like I'm Doing Right Now!?!??!!
Old Nov-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Sheaf is offline Sheaf
SmugMug stats geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl
Hey! When Did You Add H.264 Support!!!?!?!?! Halloween??? Why Wasn't This Shouted From The Rooftops Like I'm Doing Right Now!?!??!!
We were close to getting it around Halloween (thus the date of Andy's post), but it was actually released about an hour ago.
Old Nov-09-2007, 12:56 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Did Andy somehow hide his post? Or did it just get buried and I missed it because it was Halloween and I was busy passing out candy to all of the 14 kids that came by?

This thread should be sticky. Or it should be renamed: "OMGWTFBBQ! SmugMug now does video right!"

(Well, let me go upload and see. ;-)

Wow!!! Can you tell I'm excited!??!?!
Old Nov-09-2007, 01:01 AM
scwalter is offline scwalter
Major grins
The text in the flyout seems to extend beyond the box.

-Scott
Attached Images

Old Nov-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Baldy is offline Baldy
SmugMug co-founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl
Did Andy somehow hide his post?
It was hidden, waiting for video to go live. It took lots and lots of testing.
Old Nov-09-2007, 01:12 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
I am *so* stoked! Waiting for my first video to upload now. Thank god for fast DSL.

(I *just* went through the hoops of having another parent in my son's school upload his photo to my Phanfare account just so I could try to embed the video in a captio on the school's SmugMug site. He shot in 640x480, and the stupid Phanfare player won't resize properly, so blah blah hack at the Flash params blah blah. I can't wait to have video integrated right into SmugMug. No... I did wait, along with everyone else.)
Old Nov-09-2007, 01:19 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Any file size limits? Or strictly limits on length by minute?

Also, interesting choice of "preview frame". What is that -- random? It's like the 10th second out of a 15-second clip. Odd.

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/gallery/3711094#219256471

Also, huh -- Lightbox instead of embedded (compare to clip that precedes the one above). Guess that lets you skirt around the layouts getting too screwy, especially with all of the newfangled widescreen video cameras out there.

Will have to play more tomorrow. But I'm very very pleased. Thanks guys!!
Old Nov-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Andy is offline Andy OP
Bicameral
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwalter
The text in the flyout seems to extend beyond the box.

-Scott
Yeah, only if you use the photoBar bottom javascript thing - we'll see what can be done, but we can't make any promises right now. We'll talk internally and let you guys know as soon as we have something to say about it.

In the meantime, you can have the default photobar, which will format and display perfectly.
Old Nov-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Lou Gonzalez is offline Lou Gonzalez
Wedding Grinner
Can you embed video?
Is there a way to embed this video into a web page? Or a blog? I'd love to add some video entries into my blog where the video plays right there in the web page.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

http://www.fernandogonzalez.net
Old Nov-09-2007, 07:58 AM
jfriend is offline jfriend
Scripting dude-volunteer
FYI to those interested in video, we've been discussing HD-capable video cameras and the software to process that video over here.
Always include a link to your site when posting a question
Old Nov-09-2007, 08:06 AM
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
I'll offer up the best software I know of to compress video for upload, simple, fast and wonderful: VisualHub. Mac only.
Old Nov-09-2007, 08:38 AM
DavidTO is offline DavidTO
Mod Emeritus
Got my first video up with the new video goodness. It's not HD, or anything, but I'm loving the new feature.

I have one question, or maybe a feature request: I'd love to be able to set the poster frame for the thumb. Is that possible now? Or should I mosey over to the feature requests thread and mention it there?
Old Nov-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Andy is offline Andy OP
Bicameral
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTO
Got my first video up with the new video goodness. It's not HD, or anything, but I'm loving the new feature.

I have one question, or maybe a feature request: I'd love to be able to set the poster frame for the thumb. Is that possible now? Or should I mosey over to the feature requests thread and mention it there?
Yeah, I dunno how our Sorcerers would do that, but I'm in favor of it
Old Nov-09-2007, 09:05 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Huh, the Play button is offset in this 320x240 video:

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/gallery/3711094#219256471
(Screencap attached)

Same thing in another video in a private gallery.

You guys seemed to be optimized for widescreen videos. :}
Attached Images

Old Nov-09-2007, 09:10 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Also, check out the crazy color-mismatch that happens in this video when I play it on an Ubuntu Linux (7.0.4) box with Firefox 2.0.0.8, and the Totem Plug-In (which apparently acts like a QuickTime plug-in):

Toxic water!!
Attached Images

Old Nov-09-2007, 09:11 AM
darryl is offline darryl
Major grins
Which begs the question -- what if a viewer doesn't have the QuickTime plug-in installed? I guess it just tells you to install it?

Testing now.
Old Nov-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Lou Gonzalez is offline Lou Gonzalez
Wedding Grinner
Would really love an asnwer to this question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Gonzalez
Is there a way to embed this video into a web page? Or a blog? I'd love to add some video entries into my blog where the video plays right there in the web page.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Would really love an answer to this question... even if the answer is no.

http://www.fernandogonzalez.net
Closed Thread
Page 1  of  33
1 2 3 4 5 11 Last »
Tell The World!