Options

10,000 photo sold

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Just sold my 10,000th photo thru Smugmug on one site. Thank you Smugmug.:clap

Even with all those orders I have had only 1 customer with a problem (and I think they were just being cheap and wanted free photos).
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    14326054-L.jpg

Let's see it! (if you can!)

Oh, and congratulations! That's an accomplishment! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Wow! bowdown.gifAwesome, wtg!
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    yeah post the 10,000 you sold. rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    Pretty decent for less than 2 years.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    I meant the 10k image. I believed you, didn't need to see your CP! rolleyes1.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    i think i'm about 9k behind you! eek7.gif
    congrats!wings.gif
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    Scott BuelScott Buel Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    bham wrote:
    Just sold my 10,000th photo thru Smugmug on one site. Thank you Smugmug.clap.gif

Even with all those orders I have had only 1 customer with a problem (and I think they were just being cheap and wanted free photos).

Congratulations! May we check out your site? What's your URL?

Scott
    Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I'm curious... what kind of images are you selling that volume of?
  • Options
    scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    only 10,000 more to go for me thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2007
    sirsloop wrote:
    I'm curious... what kind of images are you selling that volume of?

Events, primarily college, high school, some private. My wedding site doesn't come close to this volume. Well its at over 3,000 but its been since the first of 2004, the site that did 10,000 is only since Jan 06.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    bham wrote:
    Events, primarily college, high school, some private. My wedding site doesn't come close to this volume. Well its at over 3,000 but its been since the first of 2004, the site that did 10,000 is only since Jan 06.

I'm assuming you're turning a profit and not selling at cost? mwink.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    kmlkml Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2007
  • Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Can we see your site?
    Weird that your avoided this question numerious times...and you don't list it on your profile????ne_nau.gif

Michael

bham wrote:
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    I'm assuming you're turning a profit and not selling at cost? mwink.gif

Yes, I am selling and making a profit. From my understanding if you sold at cost you wouldn't get the sales reports from the images sold.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2007
    Weird that your avoided this question numerious times...and you don't list it on your profile????ne_nau.gif

Michael

Sorry didn't mean to avoid the question. I didn't see it previously.

www.snapsterfoto.com the site that had the 10,000

www.mcleod-photo.com my other site
  • Options
    AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    bham wrote:
    Sorry didn't mean to avoid the question. I didn't see it previously.

www.snapsterfoto.com the site that had the 10,000

www.mcleod-photo.com my other site

Hello from a Bham boy. Back in the day, we use to have Zap! in Tuscaloosa! :) Contact sheets would get passed around...

Good stuff. :)
  • Options
    thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    great job! share your secrets please? I have been making CDs available for people to purchase, but I wondered if that prevented people from buying them from the website. What do you usually do after you hold an event?
  • Options
    FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    I like your watermark. Share how you created it? Give ya an iced cold Pepsi!
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2007
    I like your watermark. Share how you created it? Give ya an iced cold Pepsi!

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=560664&postcount=26

So when do I get my Pepsi? Can you make it a Dr. Pepper.
  • Options
    Paul BPaul B Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 29, 2007
    Did you shoot all the pictures you have in your galleries?
    I am interested in finding out if you purchased and are reselling some of your photos, or if you shoot them all yourself.

Thanks...
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2007
    Paul B wrote:
    I am interested in finding out if you purchased and are reselling some of your photos, or if you shoot them all yourself.

Thanks...

Didn't purchase any photos. Not sure why someone would sell you photos that you would then turn around and sell.