Options

Processing flowers for wedding....

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 7, 2007 in Finishing School
:scratch
I need some tutorial to process flower photos which will look good hanging on walls in occasion like wedding. i have used Vitual photographer on few and it is looking beautiful
i am thinking of classic looks or something else but not very colorful i also want to hide flaws of camera behind them as they will be printed large and may be small too:scratch

any links any new free plugins ?

Thanks
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 7, 2007
    Awais, did you participate in the LAB book reading? If you did, rutt did a review of the chapter on Margulis portrait workflow.

The technique is commonly used by a lot of pros - they create the best B&W image they can in one of the RG or B channels and use that to blend into the color image to create better blacks and definition with a Luminosity blend in the Layers palette.

This can be very helpful in flowers, because frequently flowers have one channel that is very light and near blowing out, without detail. The improved channel blending helps recreate the detail that channel is missing. Frequently the magenta or yellow tones are nearly fired in flower photos.

The simple recipe is to create a duplicate layer with ctrl-J and then look quickly at the Red, the Green and the Blue channel for the channel with the best gray scale detail that you wish to see in the final color image.

You then blend that channel into the duplicated layer with the Apply>Image command. This then shows in your layer palette as a B&W image on top of your background layer. You then Blend these two layers in the Luminosity mode to take the color detail from the bottom layer and the luminosity from the upper greyscale image in the upper layer in the palette. You can blend the amount of Luminosity blending with the opacity slider.

Once you have done this a few times, it goes very quick - maybe 60 seconds for the evaluation of the channels with ctrl-1, ctrl-2, ctrl-3, ctrl- tilde to return to color image. Decide which gray scale has the detail you wish to augment, Apply that channel to the upper layer, and blend the Luminosity mode with the Opacity slider.

Maybe later this evening I can take time to show it in more detail.

It takes a whole lot longer to demonstrate than to do.

Rutt's thread should give you a start - altho he includes a lot about sharpening that I think is a totally seperate task. The interesting part is the channel blending which I find useful for pale skies, to seperate subject from background, to create more dramatic contrast in poprtraits, to create more depth in surfaces of bodies of water, etc...
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Thanks a lot buddy. I will try it ! thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery