Options

Car accident, not gory, 8 images.

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator
edited June 29, 2007 in Landscapes
This was on my block.

A fireman places a brace while a paramedic consoles the victim, still in the SUV.
167227916-L.jpg

After some of the roof pillars are cut, firemen hold the roof to keep the saw from binding.
167227951-O.jpg

After the roof is peeled down, they work to stabilize the victim and place him on a backboard.
167227991-O.jpg

A policeman readies a gurney. Note the fireman with a fire extinguisher, just in case.
167228018-O.jpg

The policeman moves the gurney closer.
167228048-O.jpg

Moving the victim over to the gurney. Note the fireman in the right corner with a hose at the ready
167228076-O.jpg

One of the Sterling firefighters. I believe 3 stations answered the call, as well as local police, paramedics and I believe one detective. A splendid job by all, completely professional.
167228102-O.jpg

Finally, the victim heads toward a waiting ambulance. The victim appeared to be calm and moving his fingers, both good signs.
167227838-O.jpg
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• Options
    Zeus1Zeus1 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Only the first picture is visible. Tried reloading etc, but only 1 pic :-(
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited June 28, 2007
    Zeus1 wrote:
    Only the first picture is visible. Tried reloading etc, but only 1 pic :-(

Same here.
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2007
    Sorry folks, my improper linking.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem,
    ziggy53
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    I see them all just fine now. Nice captures of not so nice event. Your shots look very bright on my screen, almost painted ne_nau.gif I love that fireman expression, tough job!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Sorry folks, my improper linking.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem,
    I can see them all now. Nice work. thumb.gif

I always find it interesting to see professionals at work, whether they are photographers, firemen or fishmongers. There's always much more to it than the rest of us can imagine.

Regards,
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    Some good photojournalism there, Zig! thumb.gif Is that Rock Falls also responding? The portrait shot of the firefighter is compelling.
    167228102-Ti.jpg

Something like this (overturned SUV at corner) happened one door down a few weeks ago, and I slept right through it. 11doh.gif Must have been drinking too much wine the night before.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    I see them all just fine now. Nice captures of not so nice event. Your shots look very bright on my screen, almost painted ne_nau.gif I love that fireman expression, tough job!

Thanks Marina. It could have been a lot worse for the driver. I just read that the driver, who did not cause the accident, was treated and released.

I have nothing but respect for fire fighters. They often have to do their jobs under difficult and even unthinkable conditions. Recently, 9 firefighters lost their lives in a South Carolina fire.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I can see them all now. Nice work. thumb.gif

I always find it interesting to see professionals at work, whether they are photographers, firemen or fishmongers. There's always much more to it than the rest of us can imagine.

Regards,

Thanks Richard. A cousin of mine is a local firefighter. A lot of the time they have to deal with both the situation and the people relating to the situation (scared and cranky in a lot of cases.)
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Some good photojournalism there, Zig! thumb.gif Is that Rock Falls also responding? The portrait shot of the firefighter is compelling. ...

Thanks David. Yep, I thought his image especially made the series "real" and personal.

I believe both Sterling stations and the Rock Falls station responded. I heard sirens come in from "everywhere".
    ziggy53