• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug APIs, Hacks & Tricks Geo Information from API?

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old May-09-2007, 11:53 AM
pmonday is offline pmonday OP
Big grins
Geo Information from API?
I am starting to make some progress with JSON but am waiting for the callback. BUT, I've now run into my next issue.

The RSS feed contains geo:long and geo:lat information, I am not seeing this from the API at all. The logical place for the information would be smugmug.images.getInfo somewhere in the result structure. No luck according to the documentation.

Did I miss something or is the 1.2.0 result modified to include geo information?

Thanks,
Paul
Old May-09-2007, 03:57 PM
devbobo is offline devbobo
LR whisperer
G'day Paul,

You are correct that it's not currently there. We are in the process of trying to close out all the issues on v1.2.0 so that we can formalise that as a released version.

I am also working on a lot of new functionality for v1.2.1, so I will add it to the list.

Cheers,

David
Old May-10-2007, 05:50 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by devbobo
G'day Paul,

You are correct that it's not currently there. We are in the process of trying to close out all the issues on v1.2.0 so that we can formalise that as a released version.

I am also working on a lot of new functionality for v1.2.1, so I will add it to the list.

Cheers,

David
*sigh*

Ok, I gave up the battle last night as I needed the functionality. I created the following solution:
- Two Galleries, one for our Europe Tour, one for the U.S. tour
- I have a "poller" that grabs the RSS feeds, turns the important information (lat, long, title, thumb, link to gallery) into JSON / JavaScript and uploads it to an intermediate site
- The maps on blogs.sun.com/blackbox import the JavaScript as the values for the map "pins"

As soon as you have the geocodes and the JSON Callback in, I will patch it up to be direct to Smug...thanks for the quick feedback and future enhancements.
Old May-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Big grins
One more item, I posted how I did the Project Blackbox map mashup w/ Google/SmugMug to my own blog at http://blogs.sun.com/pmonday

I really appreciate the obvious enjoyment you all seem to have for your work and your dedication to improvement and helping the developer community. It is exciting.

Paul
Old May-11-2007, 03:41 PM
devbobo is offline devbobo
LR whisperer
The JSONCallback parameter is now live.
Tell The World!