Options

'Bayfront' by night, a Naples, FL preview

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited May 4, 2007 in Landscapes
I'm currently spending some time in Naples, Florida. About 3 minutes walking from where I'm staying is the Bayfront Marina and Bayfront shopping centre. It's kind of a fancy place, with some exclusive stores and restaurants.

I had no tripod and had to do some improvising on where to stabilize my camera, it was 'interesting' and scared me a little bit, but I think I like the result. Comments, etc. welcome!

148083373-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Ivar, I really like this shot. You got the lighting just right.clap.gif I love the reflection in the glassy water also. Did you have a panoramic camera or did you stitch this?
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Ivar, I really like this shot. You got the lighting just right.clap.gif I love the reflection in the glassy water also.
    Hi Jester, thanks for looking and the compliment!
    JESTER wrote:
    I love the reflection in the glassy water also. Did you have a panoramic camera or did you stitch this?
    It was actually neither one of the two :D It's a single shot, taken with my 30d and a 10-22mm lens at 10 I believe. So really, it is a crop.

The glassiness comes from the long exposure (30 seconds).
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    If you can, shoot this again but with some light still in the sky. I believe the dusk or dawn light will make an imporvement over the black of the sky as it is nowthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    If you can, shoot this again but with some light still in the sky. I believe the dusk or dawn light will make an imporvement over the black of the sky as it is nowthumb.gif
    Thanks for the suggestion! I may give that a try tonight, if I have the time. I'm leaving tomorrow lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion! I may give that a try tonight, if I have the time. I'm leaving tomorrow lol3.gif
    Unfortunately, i didn't have the time, I'm at the airport right now :cry

I'll go play with some nightexposures at home. I should have done that before I came over here, really. Well, I'll be back some time, for sure.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 2, 2007
    I think it's a nice shot. But a bit of blue would be great.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    I think it's a nice shot. But a bit of blue would be great.
    Thanks, and I agree. Too bad I ran out of time.... I'll get it someday though thumb.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    I'm currently spending some time in Naples, Florida. About 3 minutes walking from where I'm staying is the Bayfront Marina and Bayfront shopping centre. It's kind of a fancy place, with some exclusive stores and restaurants.

I had no tripod and had to do some improvising on where to stabilize my camera, it was 'interesting' and scared me a little bit, but I think I like the result. Comments, etc. welcome!

Looks a very pretty spot Ivar ....lights and water look so pretty.
    I'm hoping to get some shots in the Disney California Park by the water later in the year.

Thanks for sharing Ivar :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin