HMMM ok what is this?

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited February 4, 2005 in Holy Macro
Maybe I call it something else or have haerd of it diffrently.. So I may know what it is but then I may not... I had some one e-mailing me asking if I would take photos for them and make them... well here is what they said..

They want the photos to be ".... that are b&w, but then colored in ....". is that basicly the black and wite photos then color added back in? like 1 person in color as the rest are black and white?
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
  • Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Thats what I thought but was not for sure :) lol... there was a link that had a elephant in a street or the ups truck... also if i remember right. I can never find old links in the hall of wisdom... THANK YOU ANDY!
    www.dipphoto.com

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Maybe I call it something else or have haerd of it diffrently.. So I may know what it is but then I may not... I had some one e-mailing me asking if I would take photos for them and make them... well here is what they said..

They want the photos to be ".... that are b&w, but then colored in ....". is that basicly the black and wite photos then color added back in? like 1 person in color as the rest are black and white?

Selective coloring as andy suggested, but there may be another possibility....some duotones remind me of the old 'colorized' ohotos. My grandpa had a b & w of me as an infant painted in pastel colors. Many of the duotones mimick that look.

ann
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005

OK, here is my comment on this........It doesn't matter what I think they mean. It is imperitive you understand, directly from them. If you don't understand, and with what you posted, I sure don't have a clue, ask them for clarity.

Don't start or attemp a project for someone else without a CLEAR understanding of what they expect.

I have learned this the hard way many times over.

Sam
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    I can play that game!

13445802-M-1.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2005
    thank you every one!!
    www.dipphoto.com

• amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2005
    I never knew what to call this stuff either...

14577539-S.jpg
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2005
    I love colorkeys
    I call it colorkey:

10017368-L-rose-colorkey.jpg

13448405-L-central-station-leipzig-colorkey.jpg
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero