Options

St. Patrick's Day Savannah, GA

gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
edited March 24, 2007 in Journeys
What a hoot! My uncle is in the resturant business on River St., so i went down to work. there was an estimated 700,000 people in Savannah this year for St. Paddy's. I didnt get a shot of river street, but i did catch the parade. here's some shots, enjoy!

1. Drum says it all
137626571-L.jpg

137626612-L.jpg

137626664-L.jpg

4. This is one of my favorite shots from the trip...i got a candid of them, and the lady saw me shooting them, and called me over..."We'll pose for you! woohoo!" haha. everyone was having such a great time.
137626699-L.jpg

5. Harmonica Man #1
137626745-L.jpg

6. Harmonica Man #2
137626760-L.jpg

7. Best Lepercaun(sp?) EVER...the beard is real folks
137626798-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Really cool shots! thumb.gif I was in Savannah 3 days before the parade, but I wasn't brave enough to fight 700,000 people worth of traffic to get down there on Saturday. I did like how most of the fountains in the city had green water! Savannah really is a beautiful city! What resturaunt is your Uncle with? I ate at Churchill's (English Pub place, really good).
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    gpphotos wrote:
    1. Drum says it all

the lipstick on his cheek says it all mwink.gif:D
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Really nice shots! I cannot make myself fight the crowds to go to the parades so I can shoot them. Every parade I promise myself.

Never do it!

Charleston does it big, too, but Savannah is famous for St Pat's day.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Ah, these bring back fond memories. Went to Savannah for years to the St. Patrick's Day festivities. I lived in Beaufort, S.C. which is just up the road. Savannah is a beautiful place for photography. Do they still turn the river green? The next time you go can you please send me a praline from the candy store there on River Street?

I really like the shot of the lady and her son also. Looks like they are having a blast.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2007
    My uncle owns the candy store on river street :D (one of them, the Savannah Candy Kitchen)

he also owns Spanky's, Fiddler's Crab House, Tubby's Tank House, and the Cobblestone Couch House. I ALWAYS eat good when i go down there! thumb.gif

I have a few more, i'll post them when i get them PP'd and uploaded.
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    great set of photos, it looked a lot warmer than Dublin.
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    I was going to mention Spanky's. I went there every time I went to Savannah. I usually went to the one by the mall. Excellent atmosphere and food. I probably helped make your Uncle a rich man between Spanky's and the Candy Store bowdown.gif:D
  • Options
    UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    gpphotos wrote:
    My uncle owns the candy store on river street :D (one of them, the Savannah Candy Kitchen)

he also owns Spanky's, Fiddler's Crab House, Tubby's Tank House, and the Cobblestone Couch House. I ALWAYS eat good when i go down there! thumb.gif

I have a few more, i'll post them when i get them PP'd and uploaded.

Is the candy shop the one that looks like this...

137696727-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2007
    yep, thats the one