Options

For Pete's sake! (print problems)

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited February 20, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A customers order (249107) was to be sent to me (don't ask, long story, it's a thing...just yeah, they have to come to me, then go to some other people, then to the customer...oh, and we're in a rush).

First off the backprinting is wrong.

It should say
http://davidson.smugmug.com SMUGDATETAKEN

It says
avidson_smugmug_com (and then the date taken part is right)

I can live with the underscores instead of the periods, but what the heck is "avidson." Also, why is all the backprinting upside down? It should be rightside up when the picture is right side up...still, that's not a huge deal but "avidson" is.

Secondly, they all look good on the screen. 12 of them look great in print, 4 of them look severely washed out (1, 2, 6, and 9 in the order).

ARGH!

(oh, and 7 looks a little dark, though I think that one is my fault...stil though, an argh moment).

To avoid being totally negative, I do like the little thank you for ordering from smugmug sticker on the package.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    First off the backprinting is wrong.

It should say
    http://davidson.smugmug.com SMUGDATETAKEN
    Try just davidson.smugmug.com, Richard. The backprinting engine doesn't like the http:// part. Perhaps we need to adjust the backprinting help page.

I'm reviewing all of your files, btw, these printed TRUE COLOR which means we did nothing to them. Standby

Sorry for the hassle!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Try just davidson.smugmug.com, Richard. The backprinting engine doesn't like the http:// part. Perhaps we need to adjust the backprinting help page.

I'm reviewing all of your files, btw, these printed TRUE COLOR which means we did nothing to them. Standby

Sorry for the hassle!

Really? I thought some were auto but I don't remember which. Still though, even if all are True, it doesn't explain why in retrospect they still look just as good on the screen as the other 11 that were fine.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Secondly, they all look good on the screen. 12 of them look great in print, 4 of them look severely washed out (1, 2, 6, and 9 in the order).

ARGH!

(oh, and 7 looks a little dark, though I think that one is my fault...stil though, an argh moment).
    They are a bit flat in your originals. Look how our Auto punches them up nicely. Would you like me to reprint them for you?

#1 removed at OPs request

129695444-L.jpg

#2 auto
    129695049-L.jpg

#7 (you said too-dark)
    129696422-L.jpg

#7 auto
    129695133-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Really? I thought some were auto but I don't remember which. Still though, even if all are True, it doesn't explain why in retrospect they still look just as good on the screen as the other 11 that were fine.
    Hi Richard, while monitors can vary, and our eyes can play tricks, the eyedropper and the histogram in PS won't ever lie to you naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Could you reprint those ones and have them come to me (note that in the original address my address is the shipping address, not the buyer's address). And have them come via some sort of fast shipping (i.e. priority or above) (I can pay if need be).

Well, here's another thing I want to know: why do those auto's look nothing like how the images look when I run i2e in PS (that's why I didn't make the order auto color, because I didn't like what I go when I ran i2e in PS)?
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Could you reprint those ones and have them come to me (note that in the original address my address is the shipping address, not the buyer's address). And have them come via some sort of fast shipping (i.e. priority or above) (I can pay if need be).

Well, here's another thing I want to know: why do those auto's look nothing like how the images look when I run i2e in PS (that's why I didn't make the order auto color, because I didn't like what I go when I ran i2e in PS)?
    Richard, pls write the help desk with your shipping addy and it shall be done thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Richard, pls write the help desk with your shipping addy and it shall be done thumb.gif

Danke schon!
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    Danke schon!

Hey, I'm working on the order right now. Can you get us a Street address instead of a PO Box? Just email it in.
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Danke schon!

Thanks for getting us the street address. I've placed your order for you. The new order number, should you need to inquire is

It is on the house! Not only did we replace this order for you free of charge, but we are shipping in out with Second Business Day Shipping! Please remember that even though it is Second Business Day Shipping, that processing takes one to two days. Thanks for being patient as we worked on this. If you need something else, all you have to do is hollar.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2007
    :Dclap.gifwings.gif :ivar bowdown.gif

Now...if Fox could just hire customer service people like you all so I could watch their full episodes of TV shows they claim to put on their website. It works for the first ad, then it crashes (in Firefox...in IE7 it doesn't even get started....good job Fox).
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2007
    Andy, were all the ones in the reprint done with Auto Color? It doesn't really matter since the ones that were an issue before are good now, but in the reorder a lot of the original order ones look better. I wonder if this is Auto Color or simply printing variances. A lot of the reprints (luckily none of the reprints that were to replace the ones that were bad before) look too green, especially if there are African American players in the photo.