Options

Issue with email invitations

greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I had received a few emails from people stating that they could not view my emails invitations. When I dug into the problem a little deeper I realized that all of these people were using the comcast webmail interface. I have a comcast account so I was able to tested this.

I found out that the invitations don't show up and their doesn't appear to be any way to view the message. What you get is something that says:

Attachment 1: multipart/alternative (not viewable)

I do NOT believe this is a smugmug bug, and I don't expect a fix from smugmug. I believe this to be a comcast bug and I will contact comcast tech support and request a fix (but I doubt they will ever fix it). However I thought I should post this just in case anyone else runs into this problem.
Andrew
initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• Options
    mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    I got a message from my mother-in-law that she was not able to view the email (actually, she said it contained "junk" and she deleted it) on her AOL account. Seems like it could be broader than Comcast.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 5, 2007
    I read my email with Mutt, which displays the MIME tree as a tree, and may help in diagnosing this, if it's actually a problem.

Would someone send me an invite?
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I read my email with Mutt, which displays the MIME tree as a tree, and may help in diagnosing this, if it's actually a problem.

Would someone send me an invite?
    <-- Done
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    I got a message from my mother-in-law that she was not able to view the email (actually, she said it contained "junk" and she deleted it) on her AOL account. Seems like it could be broader than Comcast.

My mother also uses AOL and she said she didn't have any problem reading the email, and it didn't get tagged as junk either.
    Andrew

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    My mother also uses AOL and she said she didn't have any problem reading the email, and it didn't get tagged as junk either.

Just to be clear, it didn't get tagged as junk, she said it contained "junk". She deleted it before I asked her to send it to me so I don't know what it contains. I'll try sending her another one and see what she gets (and have her send it to me if its bad.)
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Well, it arrived here as a standard (looking, anyway :-) MIME Multipart/Alternative message body, which Mutt 1.2.5 had no trouble parsing; both the HTML and text/plain versions of the message body look ok rendered, and the HTML mail body likewise looks ok.

I concur with the original diagnosis, Comcast's webmail interface is parsing MIME messages incorrectly. "Comcastic" == broken.
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Comcast seems to have a encoding/decoding problem.

On the comcast webmail interface there is a [View Source] link for emails. Clicking on that link shows the source of the email. In the case of the smugmug gallery invite email, it appeared to be base64 encoded. I ran the email through this base64 encoder/decoder and it confirmed that the correct HTML is in fact coming though its just ending up in the inbox as a base64 encoded message that it doesn't know what to do with.
    Andrew

• Options
    edited February 5, 2007
    Inspecting further I see that yes, they *are* using Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 for both parts of the message.

I'm not sure that's necessary, and clearly, it's causing at least *some* breakage...

Andy: the implementor of that feature may want to revisit the decision to flip the base64 switch -- if in fact that was chosen purposefully.
  • Options
    PhotoPsychPhotoPsych Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    Unable to "share" images.....jibberish is sent instead
    I have made numerous attempts to "share" photos with both myself (as a test) as well as others. In virtually every instance the following text is sent followed by a long string of numerals and digits. No image, no other recognizable statements.

"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"

This has proven quite frustrating, since the feature appears very useful but thus far I have had no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I attempted to send from Firefox to my AOL account, From AOL to AOL, etc. No luck so far, same result. Perhaps someone could have a look at my site and see if something is causing this problem?

http://karl-tepfer.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2007
    PhotoPsych wrote:
    I have made numerous attempts to "share" photos with both myself (as a test) as well as others. In virtually every instance the following text is sent followed by a long string of numerals and digits. No image, no other recognizable statements.

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

This has proven quite frustrating, since the feature appears very useful but thus far I have had no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I attempted to send from Firefox to my AOL account, From AOL to AOL, etc. No luck so far, same result. Perhaps someone could have a look at my site and see if something is causing this problem?

Karl-Tepfer.smugmug.com
    Can you tell us more, is this via AOL's Openride, or other sofware? How about if you access your email through AOL's web interface?
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Can you tell us more, is this via AOL's Openride, or other sofware? How about if you access your email through AOL's web interface?

Hey Andy, wanted to get my peice in for the comcast customers (who make up a bunch of my customers).

When I sent and invite to my comcast webmail account, as I said earlier it says "Attachment 1: multipart/alternative (not viewable)" but when I view the source of the email I get this (hope it helps) which can be run through a base64 decoder to convert it to the HTML version that should show up...

Received: from sjl1-web1.smugmug.net.smugmug.com (admin1.smugmug.net[63.81.134.30](untrusted sender))
    by rwcrmxc14.comcast.net (rwcrmxc14) with ESMTP
    id <20070205194059r1400ql65ne>; Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:40:59 +0000
    X-Originating-IP: [63.81.134.30]
    Received: from sjl1-web1.smugmug.net.smugmug.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by sjl1-web1.smugmug.net.smugmug.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id l15JewrO029538
    for <a.gorohoff@comcast.net>; Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:40:58 -0800
    Received: (from apache@localhost)
    by sjl1-web1.smugmug.net.smugmug.com (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit) id l15Jewe3029536;
    Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:40:58 -0800
    Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:40:58 -0800
    Message-Id: <200702051940.l15Jewe3029536@sjl1-web1.smugmug.net.smugmug.com>
    To: test <a.gorohoff@comcast.net>
    Subject: test
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary = 111532395745c7884a9b4ec2.43153685
    This is a MIME encoded message.
    --111532395745c7884a9b4ec2.43153685
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    dGVzdA0KDQpDbGljayBoZXJlIHRvIHNlZSBtb3JlIHBob3Rvcy4gPGh0dHA6Ly9Jbml0aWFsUGhv
    dG9ncmFwaHkuc211Z211Zy5jb20vaW52aXRlLzIyOTQ4MzU4NDVjNzg4NGE5OTcwYzkuNDY3ODc2
    OTA+DQoNCkFzIGEgU211Z011ZyBzdWJzY3JpYmVyLCBJIGNhbiBnZXQgeW91ICQ1IG9mZiEgPGh0
    dHA6Ly93d3cuc211Z211Zy5jb20vc2lnbnVwLm1nP3JlZmVycmVyPTV1VERQY05FdHhMNTI+DQoN
    Ci0tLQ0KVGhpcyBlbWFpbCB3YXMgc2VudCBieSBTbXVnTXVnIG9uIGJlaGFsZiBvZiBBbmRyZXcg
    R29yb2hvZmYgPGFuZHJld19nb3JvaG9mZkBob3RtYWlsLmNvbT4gLCBhIFNtdWdNdWcgY3VzdG9t
    ZXIuIFtJUDogMTI4LjIwOC4xMTIuMjA0XS4gIFNtdWdNdWcgaGF0ZXMgc3BhbSBhcyBtdWNoIGFz
    IHlvdSBkby4gIFBsZWFzZSByZXBvcnQgYW55IGFidXNlIG9yIHNwYW0gdG8gU211Z011ZyA8aGVs
    cEBzbXVnbXVnLmNvbT4u
    --111532395745c7884a9b4ec2.43153685
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Cgk8aHRtbD4KCQk8aGVhZD4KCQk8L2hlYWQ+CgkJPGJvZHkgYmdjb2xvcj0iYmxhY2siIGNvbG9y
    PSJ3aGl0ZSIgc3R5bGU9ImJhY2tncm91bmQtY29sb3I6IGJsYWNrOyBjb2xvcjogd2hpdGU7IGZv
    bnQtZmFtaWx5OiB2ZXJkYW5hLCB0YWhvbWEsIGFyaWFsLCBzYW5zLXNlcmlmIj4KCQkJPHRhYmxl
    IHN0eWxlPSJjb2xvcjogd2hpdGUiIGJnY29sb3I9ImJsYWNrIiBjb2xvcj0id2hpdGUiIGNlbGxw
    YWRkaW5nPSIyNSIgY2VsbHNwYWNpbmc9IjAiPgoJCQkJPHRyPgoJCQkJPHRkIGNvbG9yPSJ3aGl0
    ZSI+CgkJCTxpbWcgc3JjPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnNtdWdtdWcuY29tL2ltZy9zbXVnbXVnX2VtYWls
    X2JsYWNrLmdpZiIgYWx0PSJzbXVnbXVnIiB0aXRsZT0ic211Z211ZyIgd2lkdGg9IjEyOCIgaGVp
    Z2h0PSIzNSIgaHNwYWNlPSIwIiB2c3BhY2U9IjAiIGJvcmRlcj0iMCIgLz4KCgkJCTxwIHN0eWxl
    PSJjb2xvcjogd2hpdGU7IiBjb2xvcj0id2hpdGUiPnRlc3Q8L3A+CgogICAgICAgIAk8cCBjb2xv
    cj0id2hpdGUiPjxhIGhyZWY9Imh0dHA6Ly9Jbml0aWFsUGhvdG9ncmFwaHkuc211Z211Zy5jb20v
    aW52aXRlLzIyOTQ4MzU4NDVjNzg4NGE5OTcwYzkuNDY3ODc2OTAiIGNvbG9yPSJ3aGl0ZSIgc3R5
    bGU9ImNvbG9yOndoaXRlOyB0ZXh0LWRlY29yYXRpb246IHVuZGVybGluZSI+Q2xpY2sgaGVyZSB0
    byBzZWUgbW9yZSBwaG90b3MuPC9hPjwvcD4KCiAgICAgICAgCTxwPjxhIGhyZWY9Imh0dHA6Ly9J
    bml0aWFsUGhvdG9ncmFwaHkuc211Z211Zy5jb20vaW52aXRlLzIyOTQ4MzU4NDVjNzg4NGE5OTcw
    YzkuNDY3ODc2OTAiIHN0eWxlPSJjb2xvcjogd2hpdGU7IHRleHQtZGVjb3JhdGlvbjogdW5kZXJs
    aW5lIj48aW1nIHNyYz0iaHR0cDovL0luaXRpYWxQaG90b2dyYXBoeS5zbXVnbXVnLmNvbS9pbnZp
    dGUvaW1hZ2UvMjI5NDgzNTg0NWM3ODg0YTk5NzBjOS40Njc4NzY5MCIgIHdpZHRoPSI2MDAiIGhl
    aWdodD0iMzk5IiBib3JkZXI9IjAiIGhzcGFjZT0iMCIgdnNwYWNlPSIwIiBib3JkZXI9IjAiIHN0
    eWxlPSJib3JkZXI6IHNvbGlkIDEwcHggd2hpdGUiIC8+PC9hPjwvcD48cCBjb2xvcj0id2hpdGUi
    PkFzIGEgU211Z011ZyBzdWJzY3JpYmVyLCBJIGNhbiA8YSBocmVmPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnNtdWdt
    dWcuY29tL3NpZ251cC5tZz9yZWZlcnJlcj01dVREUGNORXR4TDUyIiBzdHlsZT0iY29sb3I6IHdo
    aXRlOyB0ZXh0LWRlY29yYXRpb246IHVuZGVybGluZSIgY29sb3I9IndoaXRlIj5nZXQgeW91IGEg
    JDUgZGlzY291bnQ8L2E+ITwvcD48YnIgLz4KICAgICAgICAJPHAgY29sb3I9IndoaXRlIj5UaGlz
    IGVtYWlsIHdhcyBzZW50IGJ5IFNtdWdNdWcgb24gYmVoYWxmIG9mIDxzdHJvbmcgc3R5bGU9ImNv
    bG9yOiB3aGl0ZSIgY29sb3I9IndoaXRlIj5BbmRyZXcgR29yb2hvZmYgJmx0O2FuZHJld19nb3Jv
    aG9mZkBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZndDs8L3N0cm9uZz4sIGEgU211Z011ZyBjdXN0b21lci4gW0lQOiAx
    MjguMjA4LjExMi4yMDRdLiAgU211Z011ZyBoYXRlcyBzcGFtIGFzIG11Y2ggYXMgeW91IGRvLiAg
    UGxlYXNlIHJlcG9ydCBhbnkgYWJ1c2Ugb3Igc3BhbSB0byA8YSBocmVmPSJtYWlsdG86aGVscEBz
    bXVnbXVnLmNvbT9zdWJqZWN0PVtFbWFpbCUyMEFidXNlJTIwTnVtYmVyOiUyMDY2OTNdJmJvZHk9
    VGVsbCUyMHRoaXMlMjBzcGFtbWVyJTIwdG8lMjBzdG9wOiUyMEFuZHJldyUyMEdvcm9ob2ZmJTIw
    Jmx0O2FuZHJld19nb3JvaG9mZkBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSZndDssJTIwYSUyMFNtdWdNdWclMjBjdXN0
    b21lciUyMFtJUDolMjAxMjguMjA4LjExMi4yMDRdIiBjb2xvcj0id2hpdGUiIHN0eWxlPSJjb2xv
    cjp3aGl0ZTsgdGV4dC1kZWNvcmF0aW9uOiB1bmRlcmxpbmUiPlNtdWdNdWc8L2E+LjwvcD4KCQkJ
    PC90ZD4KCQkJPC90cj4KCQk8L3RhYmxlPgoJCTwvYm9keT4KCTwvaHRtbD4=

--111532395745c7884a9b4ec2.43153685--
    Andrew

• Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    I just did another test w/ my mother in law on AOL. She said that she received "junk" (like 2 posts up I'm assuming) and forwarded the email back to me. However, what I received back looked like a standard SmugMug invitation w/ a picture, the Smuggy logo and an invitation to click on a link for more photos.

Granted, she could have been saying that the picture itself was junk, but since the first picture I sent was of her grandaughter, I doubt it. :D

I've asked her to check her email via AOL's website -- we'll see if that works any differently and I'll post something here.

Is this a commonly encountered / well documented problem w/ AOL?
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    I just did another test w/ my mother in law on AOL. She said that she received "junk" (like 2 posts up I'm assuming) and forwarded the email back to me. However, what I received back looked like a standard SmugMug invitation w/ a picture, the Smuggy logo and an invitation to click on a link for more photos.

Granted, she could have been saying that the picture itself was junk, but since the first picture I sent was of her grandaughter, I doubt it. :D

I've asked her to check her email via AOL's website -- we'll see if that works any differently and I'll post something here.

Is this a commonly encountered / well documented problem w/ AOL?

In the problem that I am seeing with the comcast webmail, the smugmug invite only looks problematic in the comcast interface, when I forward that same smugmug invite I received at my comcast address to my hotmail or gmail account it looks fine.
    Andrew

• Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    Questions about how email invitations are sent...
    The comcast tech support person I am working with wants to know what operating system and program is being used to send the email invitations. I figure the smugmug email invitations are probably an entirely in house developed thing, but any information I can provide him with would be appreciated.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. The comcast support person said he doesn't need the above requested info anymore. They are looking into it more deeply at their end.
    Andrew

• Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    The comcast tech support person I am working with wants to know what operating system and program is being used to send the email invitations. I figure the smugmug email invitations are probably an entirely in house developed thing, but any information I can provide him with would be appreciated.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. The comcast support person said he doesn't need the above requested info anymore. They are looking into it more deeply at their end.
    Let us know what they say, thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2007
    Here is the last request that I got from the comcast support person...
    No need to inquire about the OS and email program used now. Since this person is using the Send Email feature within SmugMug, their OS is not causing the issue here and they are likely not using an email client at all since the email is composed within the SmugMug site.

To help with investigating this issue further, can you log into your SmugMug account and use this send email feature to send an email to my address so I can see what you are seeing? Or inquire if your friend can send a sample email to my address if you don't have an account there. This way, I'll have a copy to send to the webmail team to investigate further and look into resolving this. Chances are that you may be correct with the base 64 encoding being part of the issue but once I get a sample of one of these emails, we can dig deeper to find the issue.

Thanks

I sent him a smugmug gallery invite, and now I am waiting to hear back from him.

EDIT: Another update from the comcast people
    Just letting you know that I received the email example and am seeing the same thing you mentioned above (e.g. Comcast webmail does not display it but forwarding to a Hotmail account does make it visible). I've sent this up to the webmail team to investigate and will follow up with you when I receive any new info.
    Andrew

• Options
    papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Getting same Gobble-De-Gook...comcast to aol, netzero.
    greenpea wrote:
    Here is the last request that I got from the comcast support person...

I sent him a smugmug gallery invite, and now I am waiting to hear back from him.

EDIT: Another update from the comcast people

I am using comcast as my ISP, and IE6.

My email share recipients at aol and netzero are reporting receiving the same junk. Do we really know this a comcast problem for sure, or is there still a possiblity that it is an original source (SmugMug) problem?

Whatever the answer...it's not a feature I can trust to use without alienating recipients (already have...got emails and phone calls...and I am not a PRO trying to sell my photos...ouch!..that would be terrible, I'm sure).
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    I had asked, and it got buried and not replied to...

Andy: is there some reason they feel they *need* to Content-Transfer-Encode as base64? I didn't see anything in the messsage bodies that ought to require it...
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I had asked, and it got buried and not replied to...

Andy: is there some reason they feel they *need* to Content-Transfer-Encode as base64? I didn't see anything in the messsage bodies that ought to require it...
    I have no idea, and it's absolutely not possible for me personally to answer every single question on Dgrin. The engineers watch and read all of these threads, I point them to them, and if there's improvements to be made, they will make them for sure. It's how our site has gotten to where we are today - through incredible cusotmer input.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    I'm speechless.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I'm speechless.
    So am I. Imageinc, I don't have time for Private Message games. You see how many posts I make here on Dgrin, how many people we help. You are making it so I can help less people when you PM me with things like this.
    PM wrote:
    Your capability for replying to the wrong part of what I have to say, providing no useful information, and then telling me how great support is continues to astound me.

You clearly have a *bug* in a newly implemented feature. I clearly have a solution, or at least a reasonable workaround. You're clearly blowing me off, again.

Imaginc, we carry on in the forums, that's what they are for.

I don't blow anyone off, you've only been here a short while. Why not take a breath, have a look at our track record of being responsive to fair, levelheaded, and courteous customer feedback, bug reports, suggestions, gripes and beefs.

We won't be bullied by anyone - and that includes a paying customer. Continue, and I'll ask you to take your Dgrin and SmugMug account elsewhere.

But I'd rather have you as a a customer though.

Now, to directly answer your question.

I. Don't. Know.

Whether you choose to believe that our engineers, CEO, and product manager read this info, and process it, take all suggestions to heart, improve our product, fix bugs, and more, that's up to you.

Enough with the nonsense- let's move on to improving SmugMug, discussing photography and things photographic, and handling customer support issues.

Are you in, or out?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I'm speechless.
    Dear lord, please let this be the truth.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Just thought I would say that I still haven't heard anything from Comcast yet.

The tech support person at Comcast did feel as though the issue needed to be looked at by Comcast's engineers, and he promised me he would let me know as soon as they figure out anything.

If I do hear anything back from comcast, I will post back to this thread.

Has anyone else contacted comcast tech support? or AOL tech support?
    Andrew

• Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Just thought I would say that I still haven't heard anything from Comcast yet.

The tech support person at Comcast did feel as though the issue needed to be looked at by Comcast's engineers, and he promised me he would let me know as soon as they figure out anything.

If I do hear anything back from comcast, I will post back to this thread.

I have not yet contact AOL tech support on behalf of my mother in law -- I've asked her to forward the "junk" part of the email to me and then I'll probably either contact AOL or have her do so.

EDIT: for whatever its worth, I've checked this issue in Gmail, hotmail, yahoo and comcast; I am only having the problem in the web based Comcast reader. The others come through just fine, both at their website as well as in Thunderbird. I also reported this in the bug report thread to make sure that the issue didn't get lost in case this thread became inactive.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    I am using comcast as my ISP, and IE6.

My email share recipients at aol

OK so here's the deal with AOL. Webmail works fine, but the AOL proprietary email shows garbage.

I'm seeing what can be done on our end to make it look good for the AOL client software users, too.

Stay tuned.... and thanks for your patience, all!
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    EDIT: for whatever its worth, I've checked this issue in Gmail, hotmail, yahoo and comcast; I am only having the problem in the web based Comcast reader. The others come through just fine, both at their website as well as in Thunderbird. I also reported this in the bug report thread to make sure that the issue didn't get lost in case this thread became inactive.
    I spoke too soon. I actually receive nothing at all at Hotmail. Not even an empty email. I'm sure this is a known issue though, I just didn't double check in Hotmail before posting the above and didn't want to give false information.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    I spoke too soon. I actually receive nothing at all at Hotmail. Not even an empty email. I'm sure this is a known issue though, I just didn't double check in Hotmail before posting the above and didn't want to give false information.
    I am sorry you are having trouble with your Hotmail email shares. I will help. Send your email addy to me, ATTN: Andy to our help desk, we'll send you a test email to your hotmail. Hotmail was tested fine by us, thoroughly. Perhaps there's a setting for you to check? Did you look in your spam folder?
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I am sorry you are having trouble with your Hotmail email shares. I will help. Send your email addy to me, ATTN: Andy to our help desk, we'll send you a test email to your hotmail. Hotmail was tested fine by us, thoroughly. Perhaps there's a setting for you to check? Did you look in your spam folder?

1) I checked the spam filter, it is not there
    2) I sent 2 test invitations several hours apart, neither have arrived in my inbox or spam filter
    3) I sent 1 test message from my gmail account to hotmail and it arrived within seconds.

I will send my hotmail email address to the Helpdesk.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    greenpea wrote:

Keep on Comcast, please - it really helps when it's a customer writing them, versus us. I've lobbed an email their way, too.

AOL - we're working on that. But greenpea, you said your Mom could see your email fine in AOL's email client- do you know which version she has? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    1) I checked the spam filter, it is not there
    2) I sent 2 test invitations several hours apart, neither have arrived in my inbox or spam filter
    3) I sent 1 test message from my gmail account to hotmail and it arrived within seconds.

I will send my hotmail email address to the Helpdesk.
    Sent an email share to your hotmail - and the same email was sent to 3 other hotmail accounts, all received it just fine.... Please verify.