• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization >>> CUSTOMIZATION: Start here <<<

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Closed Thread
Old Jan-29-2007, 02:07 PM
ivar is offline ivar OP
I'd be happy with a cookie
>>> CUSTOMIZATION: Start here <<<
So you want to customize your site, huh? These resources will get you there:

* Basic Customization FAQ - find "copy and paste" code for common requests.
* Tutorials - step-by-step with pictures!
* Advanced Customization FAQ - less common, but still cool requests. Some could be a bit challenging.
* JFriend's Collection of Awesome Javascript Customizations - a whole bunch of really popular and useful tricks!
* Customizing SmugMug Simplified (CSS) - a 50 page tutorial and reference on CSS for those that don't know anything but would like to know some. Also great for the advanced as a reference.
Your favorite resource will depend on your experience level and what you'd like to change on your SmugMug site. If you are looking for some inspiration for a new layout, check out these well done SmugMug sites.

Regardless of what you are working on and what your level of experience is, you can always ask questions in this forum. SmugMug employees and friendly Smuggers alike are here to prevent headaches, frustration and divorces. You'll need to register to post, but it's easy and we don't ever spam. And here are the secrets to getting customizing help quickly!

Please don't send Dgrin private messages or emails to the helpers. It makes it more difficult to keep track of everything for them, and, your question and its answer might help someone else.

I DON'T WANT TO LIFT A FINGER, I WANT TO USE A SMUGMUG CERTIFIED CUSTOMIZER TO DO IT ALL!
* We've got 'em! Go right here and choose: SmugMug Certified Customizers.

I WANT TO ADD SOMETHING SIMPLE. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CUSTOMIZING AND I DON'T REALLY WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT EITHER. JUST GET ME THE FIX!
* We hear ya. Try our basic FAQ.
* Step-by-step tutorials for common requests:

- FastLine Media's Full-Screen Slideshow Tutorial.
- JFriend HTML5 Slideshow Beta Release.
- adding a banner.
- adding a navbar - Problems with your navbar? Ask your question here.
- I want both of the above, and a slideshow on my homepage - Problems? Go here.
- I want a guestbook, or About Me gallery.
* QUESTIONS? Don't be shy. Ask away, right here in this forum.

I'M PRETTY ADVENTUROUS. I MAY NOT KNOW TOO MUCH BUT I'M WILLING TO LEARN SOMETHING.
* Great! We have an advanced FAQ for you with some cool stuff.
* Dive into the wiki and learn the basics of CSS.
* You can also meet the wizards behind the answers in SmugChat!

* QUESTIONS? Ask them in this forum.

I WANT TO WORK WITH THE API, WRITE MY OWN SOFTWARE TO WORK WITH SMUGMUG, AND MORE COOL STUFF.
* We have a special forum for you: SmugMug APIs, Hacks & Tricks. Knock yourself out!
* Come introduce yourself on SmugChat!
Tell The World!