Options

Files seem to upload..Don't show on SM though...

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited November 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Well us junior smuggers must keep you guys really busy:wink

Problem:
Photos seem to properly upload to my SM account. But do not appear on the site, even after logging out then back in.

Stuff I use:
SmugMug Uploader v2.0
OS X 10.4.8

Recreate steps:
Launch SM uploader.
Drag and drop as normal.
Select location for files to drop.
Select "Upload"
Cool little blue bars pop up on side of uploader telling my the file is uploading.
Seems to take the correct ammount of time to upload the file given it's size.
After the uploader says it's complete, I login to my SM account. No pictures there that I uploaded.
My filename was pretty long so I truncated it thinking that was a problem for SM. Still no go.

Thanks for your help!:thumb

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 17, 2006
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Well us junior smuggers must keep you guys really busymwink.gif

Problem:
    Photos seem to properly upload to my SM account. But do not appear on the site, even after logging out then back in.

Stuff I use:
    SmugMug Uploader v2.0
    OS X 10.4.8

Recreate steps:
    Launch SM uploader.
    Drag and drop as normal.
    Select location for files to drop.
    Select "Upload"
    Cool little blue bars pop up on side of uploader telling my the file is uploading.
    Seems to take the correct ammount of time to upload the file given it's size.
    After the uploader says it's complete, I login to my SM account. No pictures there that I uploaded.
    My filename was pretty long so I truncated it thinking that was a problem for SM. Still no go.

Thanks for your help!thumb.gif

Hi :)

We are having some problems with the standalone uploaders today. Our engineers are aware of this and are working on resolving the issue.

Thank you for your patience while they work this out :) You can use the Universal Drag & Drop uploader in the time being. That is working fine.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)
    We are having some problems with the standalone uploaders today. Our engineers are aware of this and are working on resolving the issue.

Thank you for your patience while they work this out :) You can use the Universal Drag & Drop uploader in the time being. That is working fine.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures
    Phew! I thought I was going nuts!
    Good luck to the SM engineer team!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Cant get 'send to smugmug' to work
    It appears to operate just fine & takes the normal time to load & does everthing it should however at the end the pop-up appears & says..

" you uploaded 0 photos totalling 0 MB"

This has only happened since i updated CS2 headscratch.gif Anyone got any ideas ?
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    gus wrote:
    It appears to operate just fine & takes the normal time to load & does everthing it should however at the end the pop-up appears & says..

" you uploaded 0 photos totalling 0 MB"

This has only happened since i updated CS2 headscratch.gif Anyone got any ideas ?
    Yeah, it is not working at this time, it's not related to CS2 thumb.gif we are having some issues, but are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Yeah, it is not working at this time, it's not related to CS2 thumb.gif we are having some issues, but are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ahh...thats fine then as long its not my end then there is a good chance it will be fixed without further damage.

Tks Ivar

For what its worth...using the IE loader from my SM album page works fine. I just dont use it because of its linitations re MB limits.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    No worries ivar. You guys do a bang up job in my humble opinion!

While trying to troubleshoot this. I stumbled across that old "batch rename CS2" problem. I use batch rename (CS2) all the time and no problems there!

I actually forgot about the web based uploader until Barb mentioned it due to it not gelling w/ FF1.5 on my Mac. It works like a dream on FF2 though!
    gus wrote:
    For what its worth...using the IE loader from my SM album page works fine. I just dont use it because of its linitations re MB limits.
    Interesting. Another thing I need to look up to see what the differences are. I know the web based has a 8mb limit or something like that. I assumed that that was a SM general rule though.