Options

Congrats Andy

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited December 18, 2004 in The Big Picture
on Kodak POTD, ( sorry if I missed the thread announcing your win )

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2549&pq-locale=en_US

2565129-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    ehughes wrote:
    on Kodak POTD, ( sorry if I missed the thread announcing your win )

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2549&pq-locale=en_US

2565129-M.jpg

hey ed, thanks so much :D this is a very special day... it's my wife's birthday, and when i submitted this pic to kodak, the editor called me and asked "when's your wife's bday? we'd like to run this pic on her bday ...." so, it's a surprise for my wife, she's meeting me in nyc this afternoon, we have dinner and bway show plans (hairspray) and then a suite at the waldorf iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif (yep - left the kid with a babysitter for the night deal.gif)

oh and the capper, my wife is a huge fan of sting (she's listening to sting in the pic) and so i got an autographed guitar from sting and also this pic signed by him (i took it at a concert in nyc back in march...)

2717949-M.jpg

my wife has always told me that i never do enough on her bday - well, i hope this gets me in the plus column lol3.gif
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    I'd say you are pretty good shape , but now I can never let my wife read this thread.....:D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    andy wrote:
    hey ed, thanks so much :D this is a very special day... it's my wife's birthday, and when i submitted this pic to kodak, the editor called me and asked "when's your wife's bday? we'd like to run this pic on her bday ...." so, it's a surprise for my wife, she's meeting me in nyc this afternoon, we have dinner and bway show plans (hairspray) and then a suite at the waldorf iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif (yep - left the kid with a babysitter for the night deal.gif)

oh and the capper, my wife is a huge fan of sting (she's listening to sting in the pic) and so i got an autographed guitar from sting and also this pic signed by him (i took it at a concert in nyc back in march...)

my wife has always told me that i never do enough on her bday - well, i hope this gets me in the plus column lol3.gif
    Oh my god?? enough??? THIS IS ENOUGH!!!!!!! YOU ROMEO YOU.. thats wonderful Andy.. you've probably left by now.. how thrilling is this????

I can't wait to hear the whole story.. well maybe not the WHOLE story mwink.gif

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.
    iloveyou.gif
    Lynnie
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    Congrats Andy,nice image and wonderfully planned evening.

Best,John
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    wholly crap andy!

(i think i got jipped in the husband department!!!! rolleyes1.gif )

what a sureal life you amerian's lead - POTD in Times Square, shows on Broadway, tiffiany boxes, hotel suites, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS SIGNED BY STING!!!!!!! ...................... phew. i'm exhausted. rolleyes1.gif

Have a fab night andy's wife! iloveyou.gif

mwink.gif
    i'll just go sweap the gum leaves off the porch and feed the chooks..... :cry :D

hehehehe. :D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    wholly crap andy!

what a sureal life you amerian's lead - POTD in Times Square, shows on Broadway, tiffiany boxes, hotel suites, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS SIGNED BY STING!!!!!!! ...................... phew. i'm exhausted. rolleyes1.gif

mwink.gif
    i'll just go sweap the gum leaves off the porch and feed the chooks..... :cry :D

rolleyes1.gif thats funny Kate.. having lived in the Aussie bush for a few years and then living here in Massachusetts I can confirm that yes! it's pretty surreal.. but not as amazing as Andy's life me thinks.. I don't see any blue boxes strewn about here and I can't even get into my little black dress any more :cry

SO ANDY!!! WAS IT WONDERFUL?? DID SHE LOVE IT?? TELL US THE WHOLE STORY FROM THE VERY BEGGINNING... AND DON'T MISS ANYTHING OUT (EXCEPT THE NAUGHTY PARTS.. WE DON'T NEED TO HEAR ABOUT THAT)...WELL MAYBE SID DOES.. DID YOU GET A SHOT OF HER UP IN KODAKS POTD?? WAS IT A SURPRISE? WAS SHE STUNNED? WHAT DID YOU ORDER FOR DINNER... WAS THE WAITER CUTE?? :cry I wanna go to the Waldorf.. I want blue boxes and be thin...oh well.. have to make do with the local fish and chips..... I'll dig out me high heels.. maybe that'll help 1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif thats funny Kate.. having lived in the Aussie bush for a few years and then living here in Massachusetts I can confirm that yes! it's pretty surreal.. but not as amazing as Andy's life me thinks.. I don't see any blue boxes strewn about here and I can't even get into my little black dress any more :cry

SO ANDY!!! WAS IT WONDERFUL?? DID SHE LOVE IT?? TELL US THE WHOLE STORY FROM THE VERY BEGGINNING... AND DON'T MISS ANYTHING OUT (EXCEPT THE NAUGHTY PARTS.. WE DON'T NEED TO HEAR ABOUT THAT)...WELL MAYBE SID DOES.. DID YOU GET A SHOT OF HER UP IN KODAKS POTD?? WAS IT A SURPRISE? WAS SHE STUNNED? WHAT DID YOU ORDER FOR DINNER... WAS THE WAITER CUTE?? :cry I wanna go to the Waldorf.. I want blue boxes and be thin...oh well.. have to make do with the local fish and chips..... I'll dig out me high heels.. maybe that'll help 1drink.gif

lol3.gif lynnie, it was a great night :)

12852585-L.jpg

gave my camera to a passerby and he got this of us... the beginning of a great night...

afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at victor's a top-shelf
    cuban restaurant in the theater district. we dined, laughed, and
    celebrated how lucky we are, and especially how lucky i am to have
    such a wonderful life partner. after dinner, we took in a musical ... hairspray .. which had us laughing so hard and rolling in the aisles! i highly recommend this show :)

after the show, i got us in a taxi, and said "the waldorf, please..." nancy didn't know that i had a bag of her things packed by one of her friends, delivered into the city to the hotel, and also arranged for an overnight babysitter for our five-year-old boy iloveyou.gif

it was a *great* night. iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

thanks so very much for asking!
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    andy wrote:
    lol3.gif lynnie, it was a great night :)

gave my camera to a passerby and he got this of us... the beginning of a great night...

afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at victor's a top-shelf
    cuban restaurant in the theater district. we dined, laughed, and
    celebrated how lucky we are, and especially how lucky i am to have
    such a wonderful life partner.

after dinner, we took in a musical ... hairspray .. which had us laughing so hard and rolling in the aisles! i highly recommend this show :)

after the show, i got us in a taxi, and said "the waldorf, please..." nancy didn't know that i had a bag of her things packed by one of her friends, delivered into the city to the hotel, and also arranged for an overnight babysitter for our five-year-old boy iloveyou.gif

it was a *great* night. iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

thanks so very much for asking!
    Oh Andy.. how lovely..
    I just read the whole thing to my husband who walked away saying oh bloody hell ... that it.. he's just [email="*$#@*%"]*$#@*%[/email] it up for everyone!!

Lynnie
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    i left out the part about the blue box
    lynnma wrote:
    Oh Andy.. how lovely..
    I just read the whole thing to my husband who walked away saying oh bloody hell ... that it.. he's just [email="*$#@*%"]*$#@*%[/email] it up for everyone!!

Lynnie

.. a beautiful diamond solitaire necklace.. from tiffany's.

this last was partly due to the fact that i blew $8K on a 1ds mark II lol3.gif

so, my camera gear essentially costs me double!

sigh
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    andy wrote:
    .. a beautiful diamond solitaire necklace.. from tiffany's.

this last was partly due to the fact that i blew $8K on a 1ds mark II lol3.gif

so, my camera gear essentially costs me double!

sigh
    YOUR'E KIDDING ME!!!!!:cry :cry :cry
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    AussieKate wrote:
    wholly crap andy!

mwink.gif

lol kate!

thanks for the nice post, i appreciate your comments very much.

andy
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Glad it was all you dreamed, Andy! And I know it was all your wife could have dreamed. A memory for the ages!

The money it cost, well, money is only important when it is enjoyed:cry , just kidding on the little crying critter. I am serious, we need money, but the real importance is not the money................so I am glad you earned yourself a lovely night, usually only read about in novels.

And your wife, she must be a beautiful person, I know she looks beautiful from your photo, but she must be truly, wholly, beautiful.

ginger

(PS, I wondered all evening how it was going.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    andy,

you're even making MY knees go weak! iloveyou.gif

Sounds like you had a fantastic evening, congratulations on the KPOTD and Birthday wishes to your wife clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2004
    OH MY GOD!!!!!

That's it. My husband's getting a talking to tonight. I'm going to read this thread to him too Lynn! I'm sure I'll get the same kind of reaction!

Unbelievable! iloveyou.gif

(very glad you had a great night Andy! )

:D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    crap. you suck, andy. delete this thread and nobody gets hurt. eek7.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 16, 2004
    fish wrote:
    crap. you suck, andy. delete this thread and nobody gets hurt. eek7.gif
    I'm with Fish on this, Andy. This thread has GOT to GO! mwink.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2004
    DON'T YOU DARE!umph.gifwxwaxumph.gif

I think it needs to be moved to the hall of wisdom!

For all the women out there that need reassurance that romance is still alive in the 21st century (and to hold it against their respective husbands! - of course!) rolleyes1.gif

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    Andy, I have been thinking about this thread.You obviously do not play chess. The aim is to always stay one step ahead of the game... Next year you are going to be in more trouble than you know, so you had better start planning now :hung

A starter ... get Wxwax to organise the snow and get some reindeer to pull a sleigh somewhere romantic, do not get rid of children completely, mothers are tolerant of their own at the right time, like to sing happy birthday in the restaurant as a supprise. Then to have them wisked away by a very capable babysitter, not one of those ones that spend all night on the phone to the b'friend, so the missus can't check on them.

Good luck, it will take some beating rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    slight modification, stan....
    it's a great plan! i would modify it a bit though, i think that sid should dress up as a reindeer and pull the sleigh lol3.gif

11746840-Ti.gif11746832-Ti.gif
    Stan wrote:
    Andy, I have been thinking about this thread.You obviously do not play chess. The aim is to always stay one step ahead of the game... Next year you are going to be in more trouble than you know, so you had better start planning now :hung

A starter ... get Wxwax to organise the snow and get some reindeer to pull a sleigh somewhere romantic, do not get rid of children completely, mothers are tolerant of their own at the right time, like to sing happy birthday in the restaurant as a supprise. Then to have them wisked away by a very capable babysitter, not one of those ones that spend all night on the phone to the b'friend, so the missus can't check on them.

Good luck, it will take some beating rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2004
    thanks everyone... one more piccy here
    i had a chance to process one of the raw files...

a great night, thanks again to all of you :D

12852585-L.jpg
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    Was she surprised?
    And Sting's guitar too? And a necklace, and a night out on the town, and a show and dinner? Her face up in lights above the Marriott? Wow, she must have been totally surprised and amazed.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    I need more lessons on how to use dgrin!
    That was supposed to be a jumping up and down smilie! Oh well... clap.gifclap.gif

Oh, just click, don't drag. Got it now.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i had a chance to process one of the raw files...

a great night, thanks again to all of you :D

Thank you, Andy. I've been telling your story to friends. Even my wife, without fear of having you one-up you!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops